View Single Post
Old Aug 26 2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Thanks for posting this, Julia. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that there are HUGE costs, not to mention time investments in rolling out and maintaining a game like this. Raul & team definitely have expenses and they also deserve to be paid a salary because this is (or may be) their livelihood. We really can't expect them to be delivering such an excellent product and not get paid for doing it. Or to have to put in 60 hours a week here and still work a 40 hour job because Farmtown isn't paying the bills.

One of the things I admire about this game is that you CAN play for free. You don't have to spend ANYTHING to play this game. Yes, it's harder, and yes, it's not as much fun, but the point is, they have found a way to make the game available to everyone, which I think is cool. I don't know of any other source of entertainment (movies, theater, concerts, restaurants, sports, etc.) where there's a "free section" for people who can't afford to do those things.

Sometimes I "gulp", too, when I see the cost of new items, but in my mind, just as with everything else in life, it's up to me to decide what I buy and what I don't. I'm free to choose. And I would NEVER feel that Raul et al shouldn't get paid for their efforts. This really is the best game out there. They deserve to be paid.

I'll hush now. Just feel strongly about this.

So well said. I have felt this the whole time. I have even tried to say it in my wording, but you have done a great job describing reality. EVERY WORD you stated, all I have is an AMEN.