View Single Post
Old Nov 27 2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstaff View Post
it also doesnt help when jerks with tools take all the work, if i have a single clicker co worker then i message to say dont worry ill do my half and leave the rest, some say thanks, some dont,
people arnt always honest about what tools they have or their points either, i have had satisfaction on 1 jerk tho who replied that he was low level and no tools and turned out he was lying on max level and all tools when i hired him, a fire button was so badly needed but instead when i went back to the MP he was there again saying low level famer wanting work and i was able to let every one know he was a liar and prevented people hiring him, just so annoying when people have to lie in a game
There is really no excuse for lying in any game or under-rating yourself to storm over the top of other players. I love the hiring part of Farm Town. Far as I know, this is the only game that has this feature and I love it. It's a learning experience which does go with real world farming or industry: survival while building and growing. With every job assignment I take, I learn something new that will help me as I grow as a player and a farming tycoon. I love the factory work because it lets me know what plants and businesses await down the road for me. There are some farmers who hire who are unfair, as they are in the real world. It makes it difficult to communicate with either the farmer or at the hire market when your Chat Box and Msg Boxes don't work and Support insists you must be trying to use it in Full Screen when you are not because you can't and know this.

This has been an issue for me now for a week. So when I want hired all I can do is just stand there and wait for a job to appear. I've been on multi hire jobs with players who state they don't have their own tools and show up and whiz over the top of other hires and return to the market to chat about doing so. Uncool!!! I don't all the equipment I need as a new farmer. I certainly don't have if I wanted to build my FT world around commerical job contracts and hiring myself out to do that in lieu of building my farming estates and empire. Probably won't.

Thanks for your comments. It's good to hear some of the farmers are as annoyed with some of the hires as some of us who hire out are annoyed with being --- literally -- plowed over the top of and cut out of money we need. I had 2 jobs today like that and both were complicated by other issues: the game glitched and flipped right back into Facebook so I was only on the job for perhaps 5 minutes and being mowed over by 3 other players with commerical grade wood harvesting equipment they claimed not to have.

Have a blessed day