View Single Post
Old Nov 27 2011, 10:35 PM

Default Layered Farming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
You still can. The original how-to thread hasn't been vaporized, just closed. A search on "unofficial layering" or "layering technique" will find it fairly quickly. Copy the URL when you find it, paste it into a blank notepad document or similar, save the document on your desktop, and you'll have it for as long as you want to refer to it.

Added: delete the words at the end of the URL (they'll be whatever words you searched on) back to the post number, that's all you really need.

Nov 27, 2011

In reply to Techniques of Layered Farming: May I suggest you contact Lisa Astrup on this? Spent an hour online with me last night while I was harvesting her crops telling me about layered farms, taking me to her farms to show me the technique in action, and sent me a link to a YouTube video which goes over this technique in detail and has more advanced videos as one gets familiar with the very complicated but fascinating process. Having only one farm right now, I am not ready to experiment with this but it is a difficult process to learn and highly detailed but awesomely productive.

Those with multi farms that are high-tech processes and planning would help all of us if they did not assume we all what they are talking about or all the detailed work involved. Also, you started out on Level 1 so you know how farm one must advance to be able to purchase most commercial harvesters. All players can not afford to lay out their own cash to purchase this equipment with Game Bucks. You were new once. Kindly be patient with us.

I have some awesome mentors and have had since day one. I can't say enough about them, but I have also encountered some really crappy multi farm owners as I did today on a job hire in which I harvested mangos and coconut, a portion of which was to be credited to me. I needed these for my ice cream factory as my trees will not be ready for another 2.5 days. When I returned to my farm to go to market after checking on my crops, I discovered these items were not credited to me by FTD Farms. This is not the first time this has happened to me. It happenes every time I work for Johnny Walker, so when you complain about workers, keep in mind there are some crappy multi farm owners who have cheated several of us.

Clean up your farmers and your worker issues might vanish.

Thanks! Oklahoma Rose