Thread: Official Top Post Thread Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes
View Single Post
Old Apr 23 2021, 05:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
Back in February (I think?), I reported having serious problems with clicking to exit full screen mode in Farm Town and also other Facebook games. Taz tried to help me then, and my problem was posted in one of the threads for the developers to review. I'm not able to edit that post, so I'm putting it here instead.

I'm very happy to report that my problem was resolved! The solution came from a very unexpected source: Windows Update. One day, out of the blue, Windows Update did a huge update of my Windows 10 operating system. It was similar to a Service Pack, but I'm not sure if that's what it was. Anyway... when it was done, there were a bunch of changes. The biggest and most welcome surprise was... no more computer freeze-ups when I click to exit full screen mode in an online game! For Farm Town and all of my other Facebook games, my tech issue is resolved.
My personal theory is that Microsoft did the Windows 10 update to fix problems with the end of Flash, and the beginning of Web GL. But maybe it was just a small miracle sent to me, LOL, so I could continue playing Web GL games on Facebook.
Hi Caren,
Since the release of the HTML version we have been telling those with problems to make sure their operating system was up to date.
Just FYI WebGL has been around for a lot longer. It didn't just start with the end of Flash.

Glad you got it working again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.