View Single Post
Old Apr 08 2022, 05:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post
I still have all the same other issues with freezing/crashing no matter what I do. but this issue is new

I don't get on during the week until after I get off work at 4:15 pm EST. This started today, I am able to recreate the problem since it happens every single time. I have used two browsers both fully updated 1st browser is Chrome 2nd is Firefox, both had cookies/cache/ history (all time) cleared, extensions turned off and no other tabs open. It happens when I try to go to my farm #8. And it also started doing it on Farm #12.

I never had any issues when the game was in BETA and played with JAVA I understand that JAVA isn't used any longer but this is just ridiculous I came back after taking a year or so off to nothing but issues I've been playing farmtown since the day it was released on MYSPACE! Yes I've played for that long. with some time off here and there but I usually always pop on at least once in that time of being off even if it's just to decorate my home farm for a holiday

2022-04-08 01:28:01.909 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Unknown Error, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...YzOTM4NjE2NSJ9
Hi atvchick95,

Our apologies that no-one was available to reply to you sooner.

I've tried both your farms 8 and 12 this morning and no problems with those at all.
When you see a ConnectionError in the console it usually means that you have a temporary internet issue, perhaps that is why you were fine with some of your farms but then it would disconnect again when you went to the others.

I had a look at your other post where you had a different error showing which also causes a disconnect. Was that while working for other farmer or when loading one of your own farms?

In that same post we could see that your browsers were using an older version. Have you checked for browser updates today? If not please do so in both of the browsers you prefer to use. Then close the browsers to allow them to finish updating and clear the memory it's been using.

Then, if you are using a saved bookmark in your browser to load the game, please don't use that, instead use either the Play FarmTown button at the top of the game screen or the Facebook link for Farm Town at the left side of your Facebook News Feed. This is just to ensure that you are not loading an older version of the game.

I have temporarily turned off everything in your game preferences like show crops etc so that you have less to load when you next load the game.
When you next load the game see if it immediately disconnects without anything showing. If it does then you likely have in internet issue.
If it does not disconnect then try visiting 8 and 12 and see if the problem happens on those or a different error shows up.
If those farms are also fine you can gradually start showing some of the preferences like show crops, one at a time and see what happens as you add more items that you need to work on.

If you continue to have problems, like getting disconnected on bigger/heavier farms please continue with the rest of what is in this post:

In Taz's reply to you he also asked you to check the items in the first post on page one.
Did you compare your computer to the technical requirements listed there?
Here's the link to it for convenience:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

In that list there is also the compressed graphics setting that you can try to see if that helps you. That setting will help if you're having difficulty with loading the bigger farms with more items on it than others.

If after adding that setting and reloading the game you are still having difficulties with bigger farms what you can try when you are doing farm work for your self or for other farmers is make sure that you only show the items that need to be worked, don't show everything that doesn't need doing like, building, facilites, decorations etc as that's just more for you to load so you don't need those showing.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.