Thread: Official Top Post Thread Quests
View Single Post
Old Jan 07 2022, 02:35 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com View Post
Yes! Finally that is hopeful. I do use the same bookmark. Now granted, that's exactly what I did every other year previous to last year, but still, if that's a thing I'll certain make sure to update the bookmark with each upgrade. Yeah, I do all the basic cache clearing stuff every morning when I start my computer. And I will also add now memcache again. I truly thought that was no longer a thing. I have THAT bookmarked now. So next quest, I'll try this, even if I don't need anything (I truly SELDOM need lifelines - like I say, just 3 times last year) and I'll be excited to see if it works now. Thank you!!
Hi jankath61453,

Ok you should be able to save what we call a generic bookmark for the game as that is what will always take you to the current version unless some weird problem crops up. So if you do that you shouldn't have to delete the saved bookmark every time we get an update you will only need to reload the game to get the update. Saved bookmarks can play up sometimes it's just one of those things that appears to happen for no apparent reason.
Save it from when you load the game from the Facebook bookmark, loading via the button at the top of the forum or you can copy the link for one of your farms via the the Farm Selector manager in your tool box if you wish.
You could also highlight this link and paste it in your browser address bar and use that to load the game then save that:
Code:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/
You don't have to clear browser caches every day unless you are on the computer all day long, every day, and tend to do a considerable amount of browsing other websites as well.

Do check for browser updates regularly they are hot to update quite frequently for any security updates needed. Those I tend to check for once a week and clear the browser at the same time. That's just my preference, up to you what you would like to do.

Memcache doesn't need to be run every day either. I tend to only run it if I run into an odd issue that may turn out to be just a temporary glitch.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.