View Single Post
Old Jan 30 2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef View Post
anyone else getting this message on Farm Town
YOU’RE TEMPORARILY BLOCKED
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think that this doesn't go against our Community Standards, let us know.

ID number ( 727691242 )
Hi Keef....

I get this repeatedly from Facebook. These people haven't got a clue when it comes to playing a game. I think the original purpose of their process (started with a check to see if you are a bot and having you click on several instances of an item in photo clips, such a crosswalks or stoplights....and eventually goes to being temporarily blocked if you persist) is to a) stop bots (potentially malicious ones) from continuing and b) stop real users from spamming potentially hundreds of people because of sending the same message over and over again. These messages can be to your wall (for instance, if you level up 15-20 level in rapid succession AND post each levelling message on your wall for friends to see.....or.....if you are sending a lot (about 50) of identical messages to FB friends, for instance asking if they still playing Farmtown, in rapid succession.

Now that you have been blocked, I think it will be 48-72 hours before you are fully reinstated. You can send a message and tell them what you were doing (if you know/remember), and ask them to reinstate you now. It just depends on who gets your request. Some are hardliners who will go by the book and leave you blocked for the full length of time. Some will immediately reinstate you.

What gets me about this is that they don't get it OR they don't care that it is a normal part of a game. The rule is one size fits all. Whether you are malicious or not, posting game messages or not, everyone is lumped into the same punitive result.

Webs