View Single Post
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:05 AM

My take on the train as it is right now:

1. The first Train Car brings the same amount as the Stone flour mill, the corn mill, and the ground coffee of the the coffee grinder in one week as the individual facilities would produce in one week. So, I can store or delete one of each, freeing up space on my farm.

2. The second Train Car brings the same amount of card stock and paper rolls, the most used items out of the paper mill in one week as the paper mill would produce. It also brings the same amount of the pigments as the ink factory will make in the same time. So again, I can store or remove two facilities, freeing up space on my farm.

3. The third Train Car brings the same amount of plastic granules, most used item, as the Petro Chemical Plant in a week. It brings the same amount in a week that the Rubber Factory, only item, will bring in a week. and it bring the same amount of flat glass and mirror glass, again the most used item from the glass factory. So again, I can store or remove three facilities and free up space on the farm.

Given that players are struggling to move up to or see the value in the added farm space from the multi-billion coin expansions, in the space of maybe 2 or 3 facilities, I can free up the space of 8 facilities.

If they were just giving them a good test drive in this release, to see that they work as expected, I think they took a good tact in the direction in which they started. Think of the space that could be freed up in multiple facilities by using the limited space of the train cars by the direction they would be going. Obviously none of our trains have come in yet, but once they do, I'll be freeing up some space for future facilities and additional planting or decorating space.

I hope that they do in deed provide cars for the items that everyone needs, which will vastly vary by player. In this release, I actually benefited by the cars the started with, since I was always running out of paper rolls, even with 14 paper mills, if I didn't work every neighbor's "work my facilities" post. If they release cars for milk, eggs, and wool, I won't need to add animal barns to farm 15 when it is released, again saving 3-5 times the space on that farm!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2