View Single Post
Old Feb 09 2022, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeemersmom View Post
There is something inherently wrong with the "team" selection process in the NCC. Some time ago, the process was changed to make the NCC "fairer". What it did was the opposite...as described by the previous poster. In the contest ending this evening, teams #2 through #10 are separated (at this time) by about 1,500,000 points. Team #1 leads by about 5,600,000 points. This situation is not an outlier. It happens regularly. Other criteria need to be used to select the teams...diversification, frequency of activity, the wish to be included in this contest (opt-out has been suggested).
Hi Jeemersmom,
You have the option to opt out in your preferences. The only change made in the contest was to increase what you get for yourr points to be multiplied by how many of your neighbors are on your team. It did not change the selection process which is to choose the teams that compete by selecting the 10 closest in the number of facilities. Depending on how many are playing to be selected then that spread could be wide.

If you have a specific suggestion on how to change the contest please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.