Thread: Official Top Post Thread Tools and Fuel
View Single Post
Old Sep 09 2023, 05:41 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
Costly mistake but never knew this. Can I gift the tools I bought over 16 to others?
Hi rodkay1,

Taz is not available at the moment.

No, I am sorry but you can not send the tools you own to someone else. That would have to be done using the Send button on a tool at the time of purchase. Once a tool is bought using the Buy button that is a permanent purchase which can not be reversed. Even if you deleted them you would still be able to repurchase them for coins instead of Farm Cash.

There may be times, if you like to work for others where they may not be layering in which case you may sometimes find the single layer tools could be useful instead of having to switch the EX tools between Extent mode and Highlight mode and then remembering to switch them back to Extent again. That that really depends on what farmers like to do with their farms and the size of them.

The bigger plow tools which are single layer tools, I personally like to buy for quicker plowing of new fields on big farms whether it's for myself or to help someone else out designing for them. It's not as popular these days as it used to be, but if you were ONLY hired to plow then you would probably prefer to use the bigger plow tools if the farm owner could not be contacted to rehire you so you could use the combines instead.

There isn't much space within the game to display much information when buying tools. The seeders, harvesters, combine tools for working overlapped crops/fields have always had Ex in the name which might also help you in the future. There should now be a warning popup when you go buy a single layer tool, which was recently introduced, so always make sure you read those popups before purchasing.

If you are ever not sure of what tools are for working overlapped crops/fields we also list them along with the pictures of the tools in this post in the Game Guide:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...46#post6146146

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 09 2023 at 05:47 AM.