View Single Post
Old Aug 19 2011, 07:35 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
I have a problem with people who hire you to do multi jobs and when you get there it is nothing but one job, like plowing, that you would have turned down if you had known. then they get angry and bad talk you in the market if you complain or refuse to do the job because it was deliberately mis-represented.
You know what - I have a policy of 'no job is too menial' and though I do a few menial tasks each evening, it is absolutely amazing how many fantastic jobs I get because I put no conditions on what I will do. I don't demand to know the job before I accept it, and I don't complain if it's 'not worthy' of me and my whiz bang tools. I simply do it in good grace and attitude, thank the farmer and move on.

Maybe it would surprise you to know that a couple of days ago, a farmer for whom I did a very menial task, answered my message of thanks by offering me his 'other' farm which had a full selection of tasks across all of his ten farms. Turns out the first one was his little 'feeder' farm, and he 'always tests his workers before offering them the big job'.

I have found over and over again that a farmer will employ me with what seems to be a 'one farm, lowly job', but after I have completed it quickly, thoroughly and without a wimper of complaint, they then quickly rehire me for all of the other farms that are hiding a treasure of goodies for a willing, non complaining worker.

You may think it unfair for employee farmers to 'mis represent' what they have to offer, but they also have many complaints about what they call 'beggars and bullies' in the market, and it is THEIR farm, and rightly or wrongly in your point of view, they have a right to hire who and how they wish.

It's all about your attitude, and the way you approach the market place