View Single Post
Old Aug 04 2011, 08:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamFluet View Post
I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear!
A few reasons why I don't fish:
1. Don't have the right tool. (Which is also why I don't chop, pick flowers, or harvest trees.)
2. Hiring farmers aren't communicating about what bodies of water they have, on how many farms. It makes a difference. If they have miles of rivers, stacked waterfalls, etc. on 4 or 5 farms or more, fishing them one click at a time takes forever. A couple of big lakes or seacoasts, on the other hand, may be worth the effort if I have time. But I'm not going to accept a hiring request for fishing if the farmer hasn't told us what's there to be fished.
3. I've occasionally -- mistakenly -- clicked to accept a job that included fishing along with harvesting/plowing because I didn't see the "fishing" part soon enough to turn it down. This is likely why you've seen people click out after accepting. I hate to do that but depending on what's there to be fished, if my time is limited I pretty much don't have a choice. I do apologize to the hiring farmer, though, if he/she is present.

I've had no problems getting people to fish, but I do tell the MP up front what I have, and hire only the ones who respond to that.