Thread: Official Top Post Thread Markets/Chat/Messaging
View Single Post
Old Jan 16 2024, 05:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
So, you are saying that a problem does exist, where we occasionally arrive at an empty Inn. When will that be resolved?

And, it seems then, we are always going to have an issue trying to meet with other farmers at the Inn/Job/Trade Mkts.

By the way, I have worked with many computer systems that had multiple servers. Multi-server systems include more that one server and these provide service to users/customers arriving into the queue(s). Multi-server systems can be designed with several similar servers or with different types of servers. Some of the different types of servers are database servers, file servers, mail servers, print servers, web servers, game servers, and application servers.
Hi Dan,
First yes there can be a problem of an individual going to the market and not seeing anyone else there. It is an intermitent problem with several possibilities being the problem. It is handled on an individual case and is not wide spread or consistent. This not what you were asking about.

Yes a server can be set up to perform multiple functions. There are currently only 2 servers used for the game itself and a separate oone for the chat and being able to see others in the markets, inn and on your farms. That server has all of the market/inn rooms. Yes you will have to continue trying to find each other if you are meeting someone specific there. There isn't any way to change that because each market or inn can only handle a set number of players.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 16 2024 at 05:53 PM.