View Single Post
Old Jan 27 2010, 03:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkRiverRancher View Post
I've been having some fun, with the hiring process. I now present an employment 'test'. I begin by announcing that I've got crops ready for harvesting, then plots to plow:
Yes this is a game but this to me is just manipulative. I don't understand why people have to play such games with others in the game. I play this GAME to farm not to answer trivia questions and I have a feeling that you have a hard time finding workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkRiverRancher View Post
That's confusing, to me, SD ... I am under the impression that 'Farmtown' is a game .... soooo, 'playing games' is what all participants are doing, no? Happily, this game can be played in a number of ways.
As it happens, my employment test is an interesting way, IMHO, to see who is paying attention. Plus, with the use of the ignore button, it's also easy to 'eliminate' me from your own 'hiring method'. I also find the employment test a way to see if there are any individuals who remember anything from their school years ("Things I would have learned in school, if only I'd been paying attention ....").
Like I said above farm town is a game that I play but I am playing a farming game not a trivia game, if I wanted to answer trivia questions I would play a trivia game. I have a feeling that the other poster doesn't get a lot of workers that way.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.