Thread: Official Top Post Thread Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes
View Single Post
Old Jul 26 2023, 08:17 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
Would having my ISP Help Desk "reset" my connection stop these types of errors? I did that a bit ago but haven't been back to the game to see if it helped. ETA: Just logged back into the game and it was initially slow to load up but no error messages.
Hi LisaScobee,

If the errors are now gone it's likely that what happened was the hardware acceleration disabled for some reason. Try just closing the browser and reopening it if it happens again as that may be all you need to do.

If your computer meets the minimum requirements to play and your farms are not very large and layered that's not likely to be the cause. Heavy farms can be slow to load or work on devices that are only meeting the minimum requirements.

Slow connections or any slowdown in a link between your computer and the route it decides to use at that time, to get to the game servers can also cause a slow down. That's not something any of us can control or pin down exactly where the problem is. If it was that then it requires the company that owns the link with the issue to see it and then fix it.

You might want to try shutting down your computer and then also turning off your router/modem for a few minutes then turn it back on. When the router/modem has finished rebooting, turn your computer back on and try the game again.
The reason we occasionally suggest people try this, is that sometimes routers/modems can hang on to data which can slow things down.

Shutting them down for a few minutes gives it time to clear that out.
It's not something you would need to do at all often. Give that a try and see if that helps with your slowdowns. If it does not and it's not going to cost you any money then you could ask your ISP to check the connection to you and perform whatever tests they want to check everything is fine their end.

What they can not do for you is check every connection possible between your computer and wherever you are going on the web regardless if it's the game or another website as they won't own them all.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.