View Single Post
Old Apr 16 2024, 07:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I’m voicing my grievance on Farm Town’s “item/product” storage system & the shortfalls therein. Let me start by saying that I’m a long–term player/enthusiast of Farm Town for 15+ years, with a game “level” of 1450, over 1.6 billion experience points & 47 farms.

I firmly believe that a farmer’s ability to store items/products should NOT be based on the number of neighbors they have – I seem to recall that when initially devised by the developers, the maximum number of neighbors we were allowed to have was eighty (80) & with that number comes a specific limit of items/products that we’re able to store – in my case slightly over 12,000. I’m not 100% certain if the total number of neighbors has increased or not, but if so, it’s still a ton of effort & time spent waiting on others to respond to a neighbor request just to increase my storage by a miniscule amount.

I’m quite certain that like me, many farmers revise/update/rearrange/redesign their farms periodically to accommodate the various changes in the game – that’s the driving factor behind this post.

What is irritating & annoying about the storage limitation is how it cripples me when trying to revise/update/rearrange/redesign any of my farms. Here’s why: 1) not only have I invested 15+ years into Farm Town, but I have also invested hundreds (if not thousands) of my own hard–earned money ($$) into this game so that I could purchase all the game’s “doo–dads” (including 47 farms sized at max capacity, as well as every single facility/tool, etc.,); 2) between trains, cargo ships, gifts, working my neighbors’ facilities & referring my neighbors’ clients (all of which I do daily), I’m literally storing hundreds of millions of “items/products” into some (?cloud?) storage somewhere, yet all–the–while, severe restrictions exist when trying to put a few more “items/products” into my storage whenever I need to revise/update/rearrange/redesign a given farm – that totally sucks & makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

IMHO, the ability to add items to storage should be based on any number of factors, including (but not limited to):

a) Our Farm Town tenure (i.e., years we’ve been playing the game (15+ years & counting))
b) Our Farm Town game “level” (1450 & counting)
c) Our Farm Town experience points (1.6+ billion & counting)
d) The actual number of farms owned (47 & counting)
e) The actual size of those farms (all farms set to the maximum allowable size)
f) Actual cash ($$) we’ve spent purchasing Farm Town “dollars” to purchase all the “doo–dads” (surely this data is available somewhere/somehow)
g) There are probably a multitude of other compelling reasons to consider a significant upgrade to the storage limits…but tying it to the number of neighbors we have is (IMHO) insufficient & inadequate & serves as more of an obstacle than anything else.

It’s common knowledge that if you relocate certain things – trees, flowers, facilities, etc., – from one farm to another, any/all “growth” that it had will be completely erased…zeroed out…we lose everything related to that item & it must then be started over from scratch. I’m not happy that it works like that, but whatever…so, we have the (losing) choice of relocating items OR – the Farm Town developers could find a way to significantly increase our storage capacity – double it, triple it or more. I’m certain that my fellow “farmers” would agree that we need & deserve a significant increase in our storage capacity – c’mon developers, let’s make this happen!

DB:W20, MPS:C20