View Single Post
Old Aug 14 2011, 12:48 AM

Default Quests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
Jas0643 has some very good points. I too see a lot of my neighbors not playing anymore and these are level 200+ players in some cases. Months ago I was asked to work on 5+ farms each night by my neighbors. The number of newer players seems to be steady. I love FT and enjoy the game as a release from all the pressure of my job and life in general. I buy a lot of FC because I can afford it and I appreciate the game developers efforts. I actually look forward to coming home and farming. And im very thankful for this creation. I spend a couple hours a night keeping things up on my farms.

That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.
NO NO NO Quests whatsoever...I for one will quit and I have spent over 6 or 700 bucks in a year and a half and have all the facilities in multiples just to let you know I have loved the game. I quit cafe world and farmville for the same reasons. It doesn't work to depend on someone else for your own success at gaining anything in a game, and depend is the key word or held back because you don't participate in a certain quest UH UH NOPE. Bonus and send ingredients are fine cuz you're not obliged to do it and u can take it or leave it but Quests will make many many players disappear....I guarantee it.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4233&farm_ix=0

The wave rolls in and rolls back out. Stand strong.