View Single Post
Old Sep 11 2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I like it if the people wanting a job talk a little. I like it if they say "no tools". I have jobs sometimes just for them. I like it if they say they do layers. I have jobs sometimes for them. I like it if they say they like chopping. If they say nothing and don't move, I don't hire them. I have learned that sometimes they simply aren't at their computers. I have come back later and found them still standing in the same spot. I hire people who actually appear to be there. I like it if they answer me with my name or layers or chop or whatever teh job is. When I ask for someone to do something and some one says "me" I don't know who they are talking to. Sometimes I hire them anyway, but I normally hire someone who says my name before someone who says "me" since I KNOW they are ok with the job I am offering.

Also, if I take a job chopping trees, the only job I normally take since I like to chop and have the tool, and they hire 2 and the other person doesn't ahve a tool, I only do about half. I believe it is kind. I have harvested and the person with tools took it all. Of course they are faster than me since I don't ahve the harvesting tool, and I suppose have the "right" to do whatever they can. But, it isn't very nice. I don't like it when they do that to me. I would never do that to someone else. I share the work. Just because one is faster doesn't mean that one should do it. If I wouldn't do something to someone in real life, I don't believe it is nice to do it in a game.

If I take a job to harvest and someone else is hired who hogs it all including the small area I am working on one plot at a time, I hide them so that I never hire them to work on my farm. It is inconsiderate and they are getting plenty of work without my farm from the looks of it. It won't hurt me any, cause I rarely take a job working on anyone elses farm. I only do it if I am bored and someone sends me the request without me offering to do it anyway. Still don't know why people send me multi job farm request when I don't say I want it. No wonder many people don't do it all. It normally has every job imaginable on the list.

I also only hire one person at a time on each farm. I will hire people without tools for any job no matter how long it takes them IF they want the job. I have had people without tools do layers even, a whole field of them. I know I wouldn't do it myself, but if they want to, more power to them. I feel sorry for them, but I normally tell them if they don't want to do it all, feel free to just do what they want to do. They have amazed me and finished the whole thing. Some people will still work hard to move up in the game.
This is why we need two market places for hire. I have all the tools and hate having to watch the ones without struggling to get it done. I try to leave hafe, but sometimes the (doomed) black box gets in the way and I am just trying to get around it. I think the farms have gotten way to big for those who are struggling to do it all by hand.