View Single Post
Old Sep 19 2012, 01:18 AM

I think being courteous, like we should strive to be in real life, pays all around on FT. As many have mentioned above, remembering what it was like in the beginning without tools, and leaving a reasonable amount for them if you are one of several workers, is polite and kind, allows them to move up in the game, and you may meet good workers for future jobs simply by being polite and considerate. I often tell the toolless worker I am leaving the rest for them, or if they are working my farm, I will ask if they have time to do a big job or want help, to share chopping or flowers and so forth. I just pop back in to the market and hire for specific jobs or just one of my farms at a time. If I happen onto someone with all tools, who will do all jobs (like me...I'll do anything, as it all pays off in the end....) then I just solo hire for the whole shebang. Just communicating is helpful. If a worker doesn't respond, I send a message, wait, maybe try again...if I get no response, I leave for a bit then check in and see how far they have gotten, how slow or fast they are, and if they are purposely leaving certain jobs out. If they won't answer, I then hire maybe one more worker if they are too slow....Depends on how much time I have.... Again, I appreciate communication, but many workers are not fluent in English or aren't good typists, or simply go right to full screen and can't see/ respond to messages...or are just rude! Lol.... Whatever the reason, if someone isn't responding, I give them the benefit of the doubt, but hire more workers to get the job done.

I like this thread. It helps to see how others feel/ see the game. Some folks are pretty selfish, others are polite....but, in the end, it is just a game and we can be selective or not depending on how others behave.

Ta.