View Single Post
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't.
I see what you mean, but being able to do things yourself rather than rely on neighbors to help you out is still an advantage, and not everything can be sent as a gift anyway. I understand that the point of a quest is a challenge and not everyone is going to be able to do everything, but the more often every player can at least hope to be successful, the more interested people will be in the quests, therefore the more good they will do for keeping people involved in the game.

To me, it makes the most sense for there to be a mix of quests where FC-purchased stuff is a necessity, quests where FC-purchased stuff gives an advantage (e.g. being able to get things yourself instead of relying on gifts), and quests where FC is no special advantage. I can also see how different levels of rewards for these types of quests would make sense. It's important to strike a balance between giving some players a legitimately earned advantage and keeping any major part of the game from being, in effect, labeled For Paying Players Only. FC items are supposed to be an enhancement, not a necessity.