Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15 2010, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Farmer McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
People like this blow me away. Think how many hours of enjoyment per day, per week, per month...that you get from playing Farm Town, and you pay nothing for that enjoyment. You mention "freedom of choice" in your post. It's almost an attempt to cause the developers to feel guilty about their Farm Cash method.

As one (me), who has purchased more than $100 (US dollars) in Farm Cash, stop your whining, please! It takes a lot of time, resources, and money to develop games like Farm Town. Either cough up a little real cash to further enhance your enjoyment of the game, or let this plea go. It's getting annoying seeing all the posts from people who say, "I'm on a fixed income", "I can't afford it", "I have no money", and now your "freedom of choice" argument. I challenge you to go into any store in your city and attempt to get the same great deal that Farm Town offers. When you compare all the items that are available in the game, there are really very few that are available with Farm Cash only. The vast majority of items are obtainable with coins.

Finally, I find it very interesting that, those who can't afford a little Farm Cash, are the same people who manage to pay for internet access every month, and also manage to purchase a computer to access the internet.
I agree that people could put it a little better, but we must realize that there are people who have been put out of work and now do not have the income to pay cash. I bought my computer years ago when I was doing well, and only keep the internet to keep in touch with family as it is a lot cheaper than long distance phone calls which I can no longer afford. Getting rid of Internet service will be the next thing to cut if I need to cut more. But of course no Internet means no FarmTown so why would people spend real money for something they will not have?
People out of work may not be in the best frame of mind so may not always put things in as positive light as some may prefer. That is why I think that we need to point out the positives as you did that many things are for coins; however, you could also have added that they can use the "Earn Coins" tab to get money for the developers without the player actually spending money. I have gotten all the things that I want that require cash by doing this.