Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 05 2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
Re: All the requests for fifth farm.... one thing I love about this game is that it has an educational dimension: you learn how to utilize raw materials in manufacturing, rotate crops, etc.

I think making the most out of your farm properties requires some rotation of the crops and occasionally you have to shift some facilities in and out of storage. Or at least it will be that way until Farm 5 becomes reality. (And oh, will we hear whining about clogged servers then!!!)

I am wondering how I will ever find time for 5 farms!!!? Four has me spending a lot of time on farming, which I love, but I am now leaving more fields fallow which is more relaxing!!!

Have a good day all, happy holiday to those in the US.
I totally agree!
Old Jul 05 2010, 09:53 AM
Account Not Linked

love the new additions but were do I find the Axe to chop the trees for the sawmill? just can't seem find it, I do have a large trees stump with an axe but it doesn't do a thing. Help
Old Jul 05 2010, 09:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
Re: All the requests for fifth farm.... one thing I love about this game is that it has an educational dimension: you learn how to utilize raw materials in manufacturing, rotate crops, etc.

I think making the most out of your farm properties requires some rotation of the crops and occasionally you have to shift some facilities in and out of storage. Or at least it will be that way until Farm 5 becomes reality. (And oh, will we hear whining about clogged servers then!!!)

I am wondering how I will ever find time for 5 farms!!!? Four has me spending a lot of time on farming, which I love, but I am now leaving more fields fallow which is more relaxing!!!

Have a good day all, happy holiday to those in the US.
I can partly agree with you.

However, for me, I have pretty much removed most of the aesthetic element from my farms, to keep up with everything. I would not mind having the 5th farm(and no, contrary to what some may say, that is not whining).

And, while a 5th farm would create an increased need for database space, and hence more hard drives, but I am not sure about clogging the networks. Since you can only work one farm at time, it is not going to be 25% increase load on the server and network.

Now, there will be a possible increase, as some of us would be working our farms for longer, so there would be some increase because of that.

And, not everyone enjoys playing games in the same way, for the same reasons, so some flexibility in the design, especially as more elements are being added(and especially for those that cost $, directly or indirectly) needs to be considered.
Old Jul 05 2010, 10:02 AM

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU!!!! to the devs! I have been lurking for a long time, but will definitely be putting in my 3 cents (inflation, ya know!) worth whenever I can. Over the the many months I've been watching and reading, I have to say that I really appreciate the positive comments from all the regulars... it keeps this forum, by and large, a pleasant place to come.

What I don't understand are the the negative comments from people complaining about FC. Good lord people - it's a G-A-M-E! You must pay for most other entertainment anywhere in the world - so why not here? The few dollars you might spend are little enough to put a little something in the pockets of the people who work to provide us with such fun. If it really bugs you, then please go away - I (and I'm fairly certain, most everyone else!) don't want to listen to your incessant whining. Constructive suggestions about improving the game are welcomed, but PLEASE! if you're that bummed, go play somewhere else! Like maybe (dare I speak the evil name?) FarmVille! I gave up my space there a long time ago because FarmTown is about 1000 times the game and way more fun!!!!!!

Again, thanks to the devs - YOU ROCK! - and to all the farmers I see here regularly, most of whom have KILLER senses of humor... I have more than a dozen times snorted my coffee onto my keyboard and screen... but that's ok - it's plastic and cleans right up!
Old Jul 05 2010, 10:50 AM
Account Not Linked

ok-so now there is a saw mill and oak and pine trees-does this mean that there is a furniture factory in the works-I sure hope so!!
Old Jul 05 2010, 11:11 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeskye View Post
I disagree, you don't have to buy the FC, you can earn it, yes i have purchased FC a couple of times, but .... I upgraded my 2nd farm on FC alone, that's over 120 FC and I did it all with FC i earned on the offers wall. You may not have the money to spend but if you farm then you have the time, get out there and earn it, it may take you awhile... eg months, but you can do it!
I agree with you Angeskye I do the app of the day all the time... I only purchased farm cash one time that was a long time ago... I finally did a thingy where you get an insurance quote when they came out with the fuel facility i just had to have that.... LOL this time when the levels went up i got enough farm cash to finally get me the preserve facility and a friend does the offers also she actually gifted me the semi how cool is that... she didn't even have it herself but wanted me to have that... is that something or what?? she has me send her meat as gifts i felt so guilty when i found out she didn't have the semi.... since then she has it but wow ... and she became a friend in the market place i had hired her to work on my farm... we can all get what we crave for in this game eventually.... the way it is set up is quite fair....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 05 2010, 11:25 AM

Default Whiners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big K View Post
I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU!!!! to the devs! I have been lurking for a long time, but will definitely be putting in my 3 cents (inflation, ya know!) worth whenever I can. Over the the many months I've been watching and reading, I have to say that I really appreciate the positive comments from all the regulars... it keeps this forum, by and large, a pleasant place to come.

What I don't understand are the the negative comments from people complaining about FC. Good lord people - it's a G-A-M-E! You must pay for most other entertainment anywhere in the world - so why not here? The few dollars you might spend are little enough to put a little something in the pockets of the people who work to provide us with such fun. If it really bugs you, then please go away - I (and I'm fairly certain, most everyone else!) don't want to listen to your incessant whining. Constructive suggestions about improving the game are welcomed, but PLEASE! if you're that bummed, go play somewhere else! Like maybe (dare I speak the evil name?) FarmVille! I gave up my space there a long time ago because FarmTown is about 1000 times the game and way more fun!!!!!!

Again, thanks to the devs - YOU ROCK! - and to all the farmers I see here regularly, most of whom have KILLER senses of humor... I have more than a dozen times snorted my coffee onto my keyboard and screen... but that's ok - it's plastic and cleans right up!
GREAT post.....ditto everything you said.....I think that ALL the time!!!
Old Jul 05 2010, 11:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmMeister View Post
I can partly agree with you.

However, for me, I have pretty much removed most of the aesthetic element from my farms, to keep up with everything. I would not mind having the 5th farm(and no, contrary to what some may say, that is not whining).

And, while a 5th farm would create an increased need for database space, and hence more hard drives, but I am not sure about clogging the networks. Since you can only work one farm at time, it is not going to be 25% increase load on the server and network.

Now, there will be a possible increase, as some of us would be working our farms for longer, so there would be some increase because of that.

And, not everyone enjoys playing games in the same way, for the same reasons, so some flexibility in the design, especially as more elements are being added(and especially for those that cost $, directly or indirectly) needs to be considered.
It would increase the load for the networks, while you personally cannot be on all 4 of your farms at one time you can hire people to work on all 4 at one time which is what quite a few people do in fact, i have done it many times...
so you see it would be quite a load for the servers...
check this out....

what fun we had in the forum waiting for this last update::
if you would like a shirt just leave me a private message i will leave your shirt in a return message to not clog up this forum.

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by SunnyD; Jul 05 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fix my image, not showing up
Old Jul 05 2010, 11:50 AM

Why are we cutting down bamboo trees? I didnt see them in the sawmill so what is the purpose or am I overlooking something?
Trying to figure out if I need to chop and save them or just leave them alone?

Last edited by dottyF; Jul 05 2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jul 05 2010, 12:18 PM
Account Not Linked

To those who say we are whining about FC..well God Bless you..you must be working but many aren't. Why cut down trees and we can't afford to make something from them. I can't buy FC (limited income) items and I am at level 100 the newbies have better chance to get the better game play. I have played this game from day one and see the FC items much more than ever before.

Where does advertising money go? My friend company pays plenty to advertise here. If this is so great why has so many of my neighbors left..I would rather pay reasonable yearly fee to play a game and forget the FC.
Closed Thread