Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23 2012, 07:11 AM

Great UpDate, Happy Farming ALL!!!!!!
Old Jan 23 2012, 07:36 AM

I've been trying to sort by amount stored so I can tell what I need to sow. There must be a disconnect, because when I click on "amount stored," nothing happens, but the seed under the "pull down" menu has become my cursor.

Also, under the "plow," when you click on the hoe only on the dashboard, the 5X5 doesn't show as an option. Is this intentional, or a glitch?

I didn't know where to put this, sorry if I put in the wrong place.
Old Jan 23 2012, 08:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rattlerwoo

All lot of the moaners seem to forget that this is basically a free game for us to play. just think how much it would cost for you to have continued with all the update in a COD game on PS3/X-box.

I would love to see a correlation between XP and FC when you get to top level in between updates and level increases but hey ho that's the game. You have the option to purchase the FC if you wish all be it with FB taking a cut, but at least Slashkey have not raided my bank account like Zynga did luckily Paypal were on the ball and stopped the transaction before it left them. If you do not like the way the game is developing leave and play something else.
Old Jan 23 2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
I totally agree with needing more metal and mine products, it has stopped me from buying certain facilities as they use them and I don't ever have enough to fill the facilities I have now. I really thought that this would be done this upgrade. Please Please Please do help us with metals and mines
Every time a new farm is released, one of the first things I do is add an oil pump, and the two mines. I have both mines on all of my farms. I also have 4 metal mills and I have no problem keeping them filled to capacity. I just checked inventory on metal mill products and they are in six digits. Mine product inventory is in six and seven digits. I did notice newer facilities using more metal. But I think if I start running short I will just run a 5th metal mill.
Old Jan 23 2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1fy View Post
This was a reasonable update and not to sound ungrateful but we NEED the mineral mines to increase output. I cannot buy any more new facilities because the mineral mines do not produce enough raw materials to match the demand for stainless steel, cooper, and aluminum. Please increase the mineral mines and or metal factories.
I don't see the problem being with the production in the metal factories but rather the amount of ore being produced. I have 10 mines and cannot get enough ore to sustain two metal works....

I know the devs pay attention to comments made by us players and only hope they have something in the works to help......I don't work my facs every day but I can rarely get production up over 50 to 60 percent because of not enough metal ore. This carries over to the facs that need the metals...can't 'fill' them.

Maybe the devs can make the mines workable by other players, instead of 'time release"? just a thot.

I do however, commend the devs on the great job they do. Whether people like one thing or not, I think they do a great job in creating something new for everyone.
Old Jan 23 2012, 09:51 AM

I have put mines on several farms too but I would rather not. Mines do not go with the themes of all my farms and I enjoy decorating as much as the other aspects of the game.

I would like to see some adjustment made in metals so that I do not need so many mines or metal facilities!

Since the devs have always listened I am certain this will eventually be addressed and I will no longer need mines on my flower farm.
Old Jan 23 2012, 11:01 AM

by the way I need more land to plant more stuff on, farm 13 was great as were those upgrades to farm 11 and 12. But? I really need more land, like a lot more, and I know that is on it's way, but for me sooner will be better than later.

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team, however, others basically are solo. Therefore, that change seems to be coming in facebook and I do know that Slash Key is aware of that so is that what the Quests are really about 'working more as teams?'

Oh!!! This upgrade is great by the way also

Last edited by rjohn726; Jan 23 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old Jan 23 2012, 11:01 AM

Default Mines vs Metal

I guess I am going to add my 2 cents worth of info.

First, I really like this update and am very pleased that we are now 3 days out and no major glitches!!! Thanks for new crops. YAY!

I do not have all of the facilities that require metal, (car parts) but do have all of the others, including the newest Explorer Accessories Factory. I have only ONE of each facility. I just calculated that I need 1920 sheets of copper, 4590 sheets of Stainless Steel and 4710 sheets of Aluminum just to fill those one time.
To produce that here are my calculations...

Copper Sheet..1920 needed= 3/batch=640 batches x 50 copper/batch = 32,000 copper ore needed
Stainless Steel Sheet...4590 needed = 5/batch = 918 batches x 89 iron ore/batch = 81,702 iron ore
plus Chromite Ore (918 batches) x 11 chromite ore/batch = 10,098 chromite ore needed.
Aluminum Sheet...4710 needed = 5/batch= 942 batches x 100 aluminum ore/batch = 94,200 aluminum ore needed.

I also calculated that the mineral mine can only produce 28,980 iron ore, 4200 chromite ore, and 15750 copper ore in 7 days. (the limit) And the open-pit mine will produce only 4200 Aluminum ore in 7 days. (YES, I KNOW that I can keep clicking every day to keep it in max production)
I agree that the metal factory is really not the problem, since we COULD keep it filled, and post often to let neighbors work for us....IF WE HAD ENOUGH RAW MATERIAL!

I REALLY don't like having multiple mines on multiple farms for the same reason most have said. They simply don't fit with my farm theme.

I don't understand the devs reasoning (I'm sure it is a good one) why our neighbors are not allowed to help with the production. If they cost FC, like the semi-truck does, I could almost understand. (They want everyone to buy a semi-truck to get their supply of meat, leather, etc.)
But the mines are for coins, and if neighbors were allowed to work them, it SURELY would help somewhat with the production problem.

My suggestion is to either increase dramatically the output from the mines, or let neighbors work them. Please??

Thanks,
Deborah

Last edited by Deborah1979; Jan 23 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added calculations for batches
Old Jan 23 2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I guess I am going to add my 2 cents worth of info.

First, I really like this update and am very pleased that we are now 3 days out and no major glitches!!! Thanks for new crops. YAY!

I do not have all of the facilities that require metal, (car parts) but do have all of the others, including the newest Explorer Accessories Factory. I have only ONE of each facility. I just calculated that I need 1920 sheets of copper, 4590 sheets of Stainless Steel and 4710 sheets of Aluminum just to fill those one time.

I also calculated that the mineral mine can only produce 28,980 iron ore, 4200 chromite ore, and 15750 copper ore in 7 days. (the limit) And the open-pit mine will produce only 4200 Aluminum ore in 7 days. (YES, I KNOW that I can keep clicking every day to keep it in max production)
I agree that the metal factory is really not the problem, since we COULD keep it filled, and post often to let neighbors work for us....IF WE HAD ENOUGH RAW MATERIAL!

I REALLY don't like having multiple mines on multiple farms for the same reason most have said. They simply don't fit with my farm theme.

I don't understand the devs reasoning (I'm sure it is a good one) why our neighbors are not allowed to help with the production. If they cost FC, like the semi-truck does, I could almost understand. (They want everyone to buy a semi-truck to get their supply of meat, leather, etc.)
But the mines are for coins, and if neighbors were allowed to work them, it SURELY would help somewhat with the production problem.

My suggestion is to either increase dramatically the output from the mines, or let neighbors work them. Please??

Thanks,
Deborah
Gee I got 12 of both mines as well as 12 oil wells, just because they are cheep, and that the way I am, it's a game and not real, however, I'm not really an artist.
Old Jan 23 2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account?
Not heard that???

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread