Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 02 2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
I love the new feature to change the background of our farmland. I hope to see sand soon! In reply to the poeple who were disappointed the new ground types were not placeable paths, the problem with paths is that sometimes they overlap the buildings and trucks. So we did need the whole-farm background option too!
I LOVE the new backgrounds! The high grass adds so much to the farm.. it's far more realistic. I'm not sure why anyone would want that dark brown but then, who knows!!

I did have one problem with it - I have my trees, flowers, and crops layered and when I changed the grass, it left square holes in my fields. The plots with crops on them disappeared. I found that when I harvest what's left of the crop and replace the missing plots, all is once again, well. I can live with losing a bit of cotton or whatever. That is such a nice addition!
Old Jul 02 2010, 03:23 AM

Outstanding!!!! I can't wait to see the new facilities!! This game just gets better and better with each new update!

The only thing I don't like are those oak trees. They take up a ton of space on your farm. They cost 1,300 coins each but the logs only sell for 39 coins. That means, it will take me about 34 days to get back my cost before it start begins to pay off. Not sure I'm going to plant many of those. It's not a very profitable item. Could you squish it down and make it skinnier? J/K!!

Love the new cinnamon tree... and all the rest!! Keep it going!!!!
Old Jul 02 2010, 04:18 AM

A great update but I'm slightly peeved that I very recently invested 32 FARMCASH in a second Oil Refinery on another farm, which is now redundant because I only need one Oil Refinery to produce enough fuel for my needs. I would not have bought this second Refinery if I knew this update was on its way.

Is there any way I can sell my Refinery for Farmcash?
Old Jul 02 2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_the_Llamas View Post
A great update but I'm slightly peeved that I very recently invested 32 FARMCASH in a second Oil Refinery on another farm, which is now redundant because I only need one Oil Refinery to produce enough fuel for my needs. I would not have bought this second Refinery if I knew this update was on its way.

Is there any way I can sell my Refinery for Farmcash?
I don't think you can get Farm Cash back once you buy something with it. I really don't like the flower shop after I bought it with FC. I was going to sell it back but they only wanted to give me like 300 coins so I just kept it. I have a number of things I've paid FC for and after I got it, didn't like it. Think of it as a new pair of shoes - once you buy them and you wear them for a few weeks, they're yours. They are not refundable.
Old Jul 02 2010, 04:46 AM

Question Ground cover

Question about the ground cover?

If you purchase let's say the "taller grass" and you apply it,,, now you decide to change your farm and want the " Plain land" and you then purchase that, does your "tall grass ground cover go to storage or do you totally lose it?

thank you for the new things!
Old Jul 02 2010, 04:48 AM

Thanks tons )
Old Jul 02 2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-on-tour View Post
Love the filter for items in storage and the multiple production option.
Thank you.
Me too!!!!! Thank you so much! Those features are the best. Great. And I love to walk barefoot on tall grass and go fishing and maybe picking up some flowers...
Old Jul 02 2010, 05:04 AM

Love all the new updates.

One suggestion: A filter for the gift box. It was be easier to store gifts for the facilities. As it is, the screen pops back to the top of the list. When you have a lot of gifts, this can be cumbersome.

THANKS!

*Visitors are welcome; beggars are not. While avatar may be present, I may not be. Feel free to leave note.

*40 is fabulous!!!

-------

River's Edge
Old Jul 02 2010, 05:04 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiza126 View Post
Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!!
i've been waiting ages for a coffee shop. even willing to spend real money on it if necessary, but hope not.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 02 2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
Question about the ground cover?

If you purchase let's say the "taller grass" and you apply it,,, now you decide to change your farm and want the " Plain land" and you then purchase that, does your "tall grass ground cover go to storage or do you totally lose it?

thank you for the new things!
This is one I can answer. You lose it. But it's only 100 coins so it's not like it's a lot of coins. I started out with the short grass, changed to the longer one, and of course, I had to see what the dark color was too. So I spent 300 coins experimenting - actually 400 because I went back to the high grass a second time. Then I had to do it on all my farms. I love it!! Bottom line - you lose what you had when you cover it with something new. I saw in the announcement that they are going to have other types of ground covering too. Would be nice if you could use it selectively on a given farm but I'm happy with what they gave us.
Closed Thread