Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 01 2010, 07:01 PM

Default I must be totally stupid, I don't understand.....

I hate to sound so stupid, but I don't understand the facilities at all. I bought a dairy one, the bakery, and the sugar one. How do I get stuff into it to produce anything? They are all on my 2nd farm, do I have to plant wheat for flour or sugarcane for the sugar factory? I'm so confused. Hope I haven't wasted money buying these things. Also, I barely have any animals, do I need to start getting some?
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxzq View Post
I hate to sound so stupid, but I don't understand the facilities at all. I bought a dairy one, the bakery, and the sugar one. How do I get stuff into it to produce anything? They are all on my 2nd farm, do I have to plant wheat for flour or sugarcane for the sugar factory? I'm so confused. Hope I haven't wasted money buying these things. Also, I barely have any animals, do I need to start getting some?
This explains the pizza, yogurt, juice: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284330

This explains the bakery: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314030

And this expalins the dairy and sugar: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:14 PM

I agree a third farm would help to produce enough product to keep the facilities going. Great job on the new updates. I love them.
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:17 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjo_tres View Post
Hey, Duck, I thought the same thing when I bought the plants, but once they get the request for help working, you will love it! Each neighbor can process up to 20% of the total amt in production, so it happens VERY quickly if you get 5 neighbors to help. The problem I'm having, is most neighbors play FV, and the FT req for help get lost in all those FV posts, so I'm having to req help via chat msg. The key to needing several items for pizza, is not to fill the entire farm with one ingredient. Get them all going at once.

I started by planting the entire farm in raspberries, done in 2 hrs, now I have plenty of raspberries for yogurt. Blueberries and strawberries will be done tomorrow and Thurs. Plant half wheat and half sugar on 2nd farm, if you have one. It will all work out and you will LOVE it!!
So, where do you store everything? Do you not sell it in the marketplace?
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:20 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
This explains the pizza, yogurt, juice: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284330

This explains the bakery: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314030

And this expalins the dairy and sugar: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

Thanks for this, I'm still not sure HOW to get the ingredients, or where to put them?
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thanks for this, I'm still not sure HOW to get the ingredients, or where to put them?
Most of the ingredients you have to grow on your farm. Some come from trees. Once they are full grown and have been harvested, then you can produce things. For example, say you want to make a cherry pie from the bakery.
You need to grow wheat and then harvest it and make flour at the windmill (if you have one).
You need to grow sugarcane and then harvest it and take it to the sugar factory.
And the cherries are grown on trees. Once this is all in your storage (the flour,sugar, and cherries) you can now produce cherry pies.

It can be many steps to create one pie
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildiris View Post
I brought the 2nd farm , so its that size now and i have not been able to enlarge that farm at all. when i go to the relitors office to do an up garde on my 2nd farm , the up gardes are all locked to me. and form what i understand i should of been able to up grade that farm on level 60 and im on lelvel 76
I'm at 62 and haven't been able to upgrade either, I thought I was able too at level 60, but the option isn't there for me. I would like to have more land.
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:24 PM

Cant figure out how to make cheese? (for the pizza ) Anyone know the answer?
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I'm at 62 and haven't been able to upgrade either, I thought I was able too at level 60, but the option isn't there for me. I would like to have more land.
The last time to upgrade your second farm is level 60.
Old Apr 01 2010, 07:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsingy View Post
Cant figure out how to make cheese? (for the pizza ) Anyone know the answer?
To make cheese you need to have a cow and then have that cow milked at your dairy shed (if you have one) and then take the milk to the dairy processing plant (if you have one) to make cheese.
Closed Thread