Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 19 2022, 11:42 AM

Thank you for your quick response. When I noticed so few posts on the wall, I also noticed that the very last post was from someone who posts both facilities and services, one right after the other, regularly. Only one of her posts was on the wall so I went to her Facebook page to find the other one to work it. It was there, posted immediately prior to the one that showed on the FT wall. From that, it seemed to me that some sort of limit had been reached on the FT wall. In this case that “limit” would have been reached at 32 posts!
I will do some more research as you suggested, seeing if I can find a mutual neighbour or two, and asking some others if they have the right boxes checked. Many of my neighbours are long time, dedicated players who know how to make the game work, so I suspect they still use the same method to post every day.
Thanks again, I will do some more digging…

Last edited by macladywloo; Mar 19 2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old Mar 19 2022, 06:27 PM

Unhappy My posts show up as one of my neighbor's name

I have several close friends that let me get on their account and help with their quests when they are gone. When I get back on my account and work on my farm, when I post facilities or ask for ingredients, they are showing on the wall as one of my neighbors and not me.

Can you help explain why???

Thanks!!
Old Mar 19 2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl View Post
I have several close friends that let me get on their account and help with their quests when they are gone. When I get back on my account and work on my farm, when I post facilities or ask for ingredients, they are showing on the wall as one of my neighbors and not me.

Can you help explain why???

Thanks!!
Hi medicgirl

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed and Wall Requests posts.

This is happening due a change Facebook did. It affects posting facilities work, trains and ships as far as we know.

This usually happens when you use the Switch in facebook or the same browser is used for both accounts.

One simple thing to avoid this is to use different browsers for each account. Or you can do all work for one account. Then close it and restart your computer and then open the other account.
Old Mar 20 2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi macladywloo,

For a facility request to show up in wall requests the farm owner has to allow it to show there or it won't. They would need to check that setting themselves.

How long ago did they post, we have just had a new release so some may not have posted as normal as they were busy with the new items in the release.

There was a problem with posts showing up in the various Wall Requests a few days ago. We are not aware of whether there was another temporary problem with them since then.
They do seem to be showing up fine for me at the moment but my wall requests never goes back very far in time due to the amount of friends I have that post.

Find a friend whose facility posts you can see on their profile but can't see in my requests.
Check the date/time on those posts and see how long ago they posted.
Then please ask them if they checked the popup when they posted to allow their post to show up in wall requests.
If they did allow that, see if you have a mutual friend with them that can check their own wall requests and see if it doesn't show up for them either. If that friend can't see them either then it's possible that there was another temporary problem.
I have noticed a lot more errors in the list too that send us to an entirely different farmer than our friend who's made the request. So we get the notice saying we have to be friends with Frank, for example, when the person whose post we clicked was Jennifer and since we are NOT friends with Frank we get the "sorry. this request is only for our friends" or words to that effect. Anyway, your answer to macladywloo did help clarify some of my other complaints.

Of course with 2 trillion more coins after buying the new real estate than the last time I bought some and over 25 trillion points I pretty much have WON!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Mar 20 2022 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Mixed up use of homonyms
Old Mar 20 2022, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I have noticed a lot more errors in the list too that send us to an entirely different farmer than our friend who's made the request. So we get the notice saying we have to be friends with Frank, for example, when the person whose post we clicked was Jennifer and since we are NOT friends with Frank we get the "sorry. this request is only for our friends" or words to that effect. Anyway, your answer to macladywloo did help clarify some of my other complaints.

Of course with 2 trillion more coins after buying the new real estate than the last time I bought some and over 25 trillion points I pretty much have WON!
Hi Qivis,
There is nothing Farm Town can do about the problem of being sent to the wrong farms because they are working multiple accounts. That is a Facebook change that is causing this and they will have to be the ones to fix it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macladywloo View Post
What determines how many posts can show on the FarmTown facility wall requests? Tonight I thought the number of posts seemed much fewer than normal.
Hi I too have noticed a difference in the past few days. Maybe a week as I have been sick myself. I know sometimes people post more often or less often and some do not post to this facility page. But I have 5 neighbors that consistently post once a day unless they are sick or something.

Also my count on my page is only 17 posts this morning and only 3 of my regulars are there. And the last one I see is only 21 hours old. Aren't the posts good for close to 2 days?

Why is my facility wall so short? Why wouldn't the posts be for longer than 21 hours?

Thanks, Sundos
Old Mar 26 2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
Hi I too have noticed a difference in the past few days. Maybe a week as I have been sick myself. I know sometimes people post more often or less often and some do not post to this facility page. But I have 5 neighbors that consistently post once a day unless they are sick or something.

Also my count on my page is only 17 posts this morning and only 3 of my regulars are there. And the last one I see is only 21 hours old. Aren't the posts good for close to 2 days?

Why is my facility wall so short? Why wouldn't the posts be for longer than 21 hours?

Thanks, Sundos
Hi Sundos

We cant check if your friends are posting or not to the wall. My own wall has about 62 posts from my friends and I havent noticed a change for them.

As you said, there are some days of the week they dont post a lot or I get many posts by my late afternoon but not much during the rest of the day.

I also have friends that only post one of the facilities types, but if I see that one who usually posts regular and service facilities, only shows one of them in my wall then I contact them. Most of the time they forgot to post the other type or posted 2 regular or 2 services by mistake.

You could ask a few friends if they are posting to the wall or if they have found something similar to what is happening to you and if this problem continues then you could report it to Support.
Old Mar 26 2022, 09:15 AM

Thanks Mary. I will do better at asking my neighbors.

What about only being 21 hrs old and no older, is there a time end for the facility wall page? Am I right that the posts are good for 2 days time?
Old Mar 26 2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
Thanks Mary. I will do better at asking my neighbors.

What about only being 21 hrs old and no older, is there a time end for the facility wall page? Am I right that the posts are good for 2 days time?
The amount of posts you see on your wall depends on how many times your friends post to the wall.

For example, my wall shows posts from 6 minutes ago to 12 hours ago. But as soon as more friends start posting then the oldest post will not show up for me.

If you are seeing posts from 21 hours ago is due no more friends posted to the wall and those old post were not replaced for the new ones.
Old Mar 26 2022, 09:49 AM

Thanks for your help!

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests