Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 25 2011, 06:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
I remember the good ole days too. When you clicked at a hundred miles per hour so you could outdo any other farmer that had been hired along with you. And if you were the chosen one, you would get picked to work the second farm as well. I remember the great rush to beg to plow so the exp points could rise. And if you think I wanna go back to the good ole days you are very much mistaken. Give me my 4x4 and 5x5 tools any day. I have my farms planted out as: trees together, flowers together and then crops crops crops and it's all made easier to harvest with the right tools. I reckon the updates coming within 24 hours. Usually it's on a Friday for me. So that makes it 4 and a half hours and counting down. Yeeeehaaaaa don't disappoint me FT cause I'm hanging for the new stuff real bad.
LOL remembering all that makes me shudder! roll on tomorrow! i hope lmao
Old Aug 25 2011, 06:42 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Farm town came out in February 2009 so it has only been out about 2 and a half years not 3 + years.
omg does it seriously matter if susme was out by a matter of months?? urgh!
Old Aug 25 2011, 06:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
Update on Hurricane Irene as at 30 mins ago
5:00 AM EDT Thu Aug 25
Max sustained: 115 mph
Moving: NW at 12 mph
Min pressure: 950 mb

which is 285 miles southeast of miami and if Irene maintains her heading and speed of advance will make landfall in 23 hrs or so
I seriously hope it down grades well before it hits landfall
Old Aug 25 2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
I seriously hope it down grades well before it hits landfall
its trending north in the last hour and a half ..looks like it hit bahamas and bounced

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:11 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
its trending north in the last hour and a half ..looks like it hit bahamas and bounced
I couldnt imagine living with the prospect of these sorts of hurricanes just gotta hope there's no casualties and damage is minimal!
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
My problem with the Dyson is the price. Sorry, I had one of those high price vacs that lasted 2 years. Then when I went to get it repaired I was going to have to pay another $100. I can buy 10 cheap ones that work fine for 2 years each and not spend as much as you would for 1 Dyson.
I hear ya....

One of my sons was "showing off" their new Dyson ($500+), and how much it picked up that "you can actually see".

So when it came time to get a new vacuum, I spent time looking on the Internet comparing, researching, pricing, etc.

So I bought the Eureka - same concept. Then I asked my son to come over with his expensive Dyson, and vacuum a couple rooms.... after which I re-vacuum. He was bummed that mine picked up what his did not.

Anyway... it was $79 on sale.... I have had it for almost one year.... and it is W O N D E R F U L...... almost as great as an eleventh or twelfth farm.

Don't waste your money folks..... why pay for a name for something like a vacuum.

In fact..... I have thought of buying a second one for the top floor.... just because I am lazy.... and I am still over $300 ahead !! lol

dang.... being retired and a farmtowner really sucks

Last edited by StoneFace; Aug 25 2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Oh Kahra01 that elevator story is so funny! I love the large ones in hospitals the best for fun. Whenever I enter one now I love nothing better than to stay facing everyone and continue my conversation and watch the others try not to look my way. Aussies have this larrikan behaviour which thankfully most of my friends totally accept from me.

And thank you StoneFace for helping to pass the time away. The following sentence is for you!

potS ti enotS ecaF! uoY era gnikam em hgual os hcum m'I gniog dnuor eht dneb dna pu eht llaw!

BRING ON FARM 11 or I will go rampaging through the markets and steal everyones fruit and veges!

my sentiments exactly.... thanks !!
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I hear ya....

One of my sons was "showing off" their new Dyson ($500+), and how much it picked up that "you can actually see".

So when it came time to get a new vacuum, I spend time looking on the Internet comparing, researching, pricing, etc.

So I bought the Eureka - same concept. Then I asked my son to come over with his expensive Dyson, and vacuum a couple room.... after which I re-vacuum. He was bummed that mine picked up what his did not.

Anyway... it was $79 on sale.... I have had it for almost one year.... and it is W O N D E R F U L...... almost as great as an eleventh or twelfth farm.

Don't waste your money folks..... why pay for a name for something like a vacuum.

Im with you.. and I dont think the Kirby is any different that a Dyson.. highly over rated! Ill stick to my trusted Electrolux!
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:37 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

OK Raul, i hope you see people are debating vacuum cleaners now and the mods arent even telling us to stay on topic in this thread, thats about as bad as it gets, we need something to do!! LOL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
I couldnt imagine living with the prospect of these sorts of hurricanes just gotta hope there's no casualties and damage is minimal!
yeah living down south means u get cold and windy but no cyclones/hurricanes

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Closed Thread