Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2010, 11:14 PM

Great update. The only thing I dont like is its hard to sell diamonds.
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:15 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Cob Pete View Post
It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).
I got the manure spreader the first day it came out and believe me, it's well worth the FC paid for it. One of my farms has nothing on it other than a seeder and harvester so that's over 1000 plots. When fertilized, that means I get 2000 and when it comes to tomatoes, wow! It is so nice to see that many of any crop in my storage! I was able to max out all my facilities without running out of tomatoes for the first time!!!

It's also a good incentive when hiring people in the market place. I make sure and tell them the crop is fertilized which means double coins/crops for them. I have no problem getting people to harvest low-paying crops at all!

I really don't need a 6th farm now but.. I'll take it anyway!
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Farmer Jennifer Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Cob Pete View Post
It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).

As a side note, I read everyone's opinion and am glad we all get to express ourselves, but I just don't get how anyone can be serious when they claim this game is unfair because the devs want to charge for some things. As someone pointed out earlier, it is mostly the top level items that cost real money. You can still play for free, you just can't do everything. You can grow grapes and make wine and make a profit, but it cost real money to age it and make the biggest profit. Same thing for oil, minerals, pasta, seafood, textiles, etc., etc. The FC items are LUXERIES. Without them, you can still advance to max levels and make more coin than you could ever spend. What wouldn't be fair is if there was no added benefit (higher profit margins) for those that did spend real money. Then people would have a valid complaint and would quit playing for sure (not just threaten to quit -- but actually quit). As it is now, they don't charge FC for a facility until an item has gone through a couple layers of production, but I get the idea that even if they added several more layers of production to an item before finally charging FC for the last facility, the same people would still complain that it is unfair that they can't do it all for free. For example, if they changed the wine cellar to a coin purchase, and added a wine shop that cost FC , there would still be complaints that it was unfair.

Also, the notion that jacking up the coin cost for an item (rather than charging FC) is not a valid point. It doesn't matter if they charged 100,000 or 10 million for a facility, in the eyes of the devs, it is still a free item and they don't make any money, and they go out of business, and none of us would have this awesome game to play.

So, it may be disappointing to some that everyone can't do everything in this game for free, but it certainly is not UNFAIR. And I absolutely agree with a previous poster about being creative to get real money to buy FC items. Cut back on the cigs, cable, cell phone, eating out, SHOPPING, snacks, junk food, etc. Get a friend to give you some FC facilities for your birthday. That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free.
great post...ive come to the conclusion that i really really hate the word "unfair". If life was fair, there'd be no wars, no homeless, no starving people, no pain, no violence.......
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Farmer Jennifer Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski View Post
School has started and I can't farm as much! HELP! Lesson plans or FT... Correcting papers or FT... which should I do?

(Thank you for the update.. yeah!)
lesson plans......what do you teach?
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

There is absolutely nothing unfair about having items that require Farm Cash. The people that work their butts to create and update this game deserve to be paid for a game that you and everyone else plays for free. If you choose not to buy or earn Farm Cash that is a choice. I have earned well over 200 FC and not had to spend a dime. I have spent money on the game but that too is a choice. I think that the developers deserve every bit of the money that those of us who CHOOSE to spend the money can get. The hundreds and hundreds of man hours that goes into keeping this game new, fun, and entertaining are well worth a few bucks every month or so. When you really think about it you probably spend at least a little bit of money every month on other entertainment. Is it unfair that you have to pay to go see a movie or eat dinner at a restaurant? Most people don't think twice about doing things like that to entertain themselves and in most cases you get nothing more than what you pay for. This game GIVES all of its players all kinds of things for FREE. They GIVE players Farm Cash for every level that they EARN, there are many, many more items that can be bought with coins that the player is GIVEN just for playing the game, with those coins there are a great number of things that you can get for FREE in reality because you did not spend any real money to get them, and on top of all of the other stuff that they GIVE us, they also ask for our input and bust their butts to give us the stuff we ask for. If anybody really wants to get technical about this game being unfair it should be those people that give up time with their families, miss holidays, and spend countless hours working to give us what we want! There is no way that it is unfair to any player. You, me, Joe Blow down the street, and Billy Bob two blocks over are all given the same options on how we want to acquire Farm Cash. We can CHOOSE to buy it, EARN it buy playing the game, or EARN it by spending the extra little bit of time that it takes to go through and do anyone of the FREE offers that are there for EVERYONE to take advantage of. Since we all have the same options on how to acquire the things that we want (not need because everything can be sold for a value, regardless of its level of processing) there is NO way that it is unfair. If you, me, Joe Blow, and Billy Bob were not all provided with those same option then the word unfair might have application in this game but as it is the only reason that it could even remotely be seen as unfair is that people CHOOSE not to spend the money but feel that they have a right to everything that they want regardless of needs to be done to get it.

For anyone that is unsure of how to EARN extra FC for FREE here is the link to the page that allows us all many opportunities to EARN as much Farm Cash as we are willing to work for! EARN FARM CASH OR COINS

Rant over!!

To the developers and creators of the great new items,

Thank you again for adding such wonderful new stuff for those of us that love the game. You time and effort are much appreciated and I thank you for asking for our input and actually listening to what the people want! Thank you in advance for adding new levels and providing us with even more space to expand our game and imaginations!

Will harvest any crops, any trees and flowers!

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Last Chance Logging Co.
* Lost Oasis

So many farms...so little time!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

For new levels, I seriously hope you are considering adding 50 or so this time. The small amounts you have added in the past means a lot of people have gone from one top level to the next with no challenge to get there.
Also at this point please raise the number of experience points needed per level. Once you have gotten to level 100 or more, with 5 farms, a lot of neighbors to help and numerous facilities it is just too easy to get 10,000 or more per day. I think it should be 25,000 to 50,000 per level at this point.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:31 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
Seems you can't please everyone !! My opinion on the Chainsaw is that it is a terrific addition. You don't HAVE to buy it .... in fact, I will probably buy two now, just because you said they won't sell many.

They are adding another farm, so between the Manure and the additional farm, you should be able to produce plenty of wheat.

It just upsets me when the developers work at giving us pretty much everything we want, and instead of gratitude, or even silence (if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all), you have a ton of people *****in' and compainin' .....

Remember, the game is FREE...... and it is not MANDATORY...... a little gratitude to the developers would be nice.
AMEN, could not agree more. If you don't like it don't play! For every one person that wants to whine and complain about the game there are ten others that would love to take up your space on the server! Feel free to go play any other farming game and see if you can get stuff that is half as cool or functional for that matter.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 01 2010, 11:31 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
I am still not understanding what you are saying... I plant a wheat field, I get a wheat in my storage, unless I fertilized and then I get two wheat in my storage for that one wheat field planted. Are you saying you don't?
I think what the person meant to say is that it takes two fields of wheat to make one unit of flour (2:1). It would be nice if it only took one field of wheat to make one unit of flour (1:1) - like sugarcane and sugar. It's also the case that it takes two fields of corn to make one unit of corn flour, but more products in the facilities require wheat than corn, so you hear more laments regarding the wheat.
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 01 2010, 11:33 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
i bought the mineral mine and its not working...it wont let the people work it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Curious: I can't send out minerals for help harvesting?
The mineral mine works just fine. It functions just like the oil derricks, the fish farm, and the semi-truck. Place your order wait till it produces. They are not designed to be worked in by your neighbors.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 01 2010, 11:38 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Excellent update yet again but please please please can we have a quicker way to water our flowers. No neighbours do mine anymore and it takes me ages to water my farms. I would love to purchase some new flowers but I will wait till maybe one day we will have a sprinkler or hose to water them. Thanks again

Since update having problems working on my farm getting timed out can only water a couple of flowers then getting timed out and having to reload also bought the mineral mine and it wont let anyone work it. Hope these problems are corrected soon. I have also posted this in the correct place.
The mineral mine is not designed to be to let anyone work in it so it is working the way it is supposed too.

If you need someone willing to water flowers let me know. I actually enjoy watering flowers and often go see all of my neighbors just for that reason.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread