Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
maybe, just maybe she will get the whole$30 at level 400, since this is a one time offer and since the levels from 386-400 are not being credited with just $1
thank you for the info i never thought of that. happy new year to you..
Old Dec 31 2012, 11:28 PM

At one point I had a flower on a farm that was ALWAYS frozen when I harvested with the "multi" tool, but I could always harvest it by changing to the single harvest tool.
Old Jan 01 2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
am still waiting for that problem with frozen flowers to be fixed, just lost another 107.166 bonus because of one lousy frozen flower!!!
Maybe you could try messaging the employer to come get the stubborn flower. I know I would be happy to help an employee get a bonus if it was my farm. Of course, sometimes the owner is not even on the game or is perhaps working someone elses farm, but it may be worth a shot.
Old Jan 01 2013, 04:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
I just tried this - froze a ripe flower, then hired someone to do flowers. When they got to the frozen flower, of course they couldn't harvest it and couldn't claim the bonus, so I came over and unfroze the flower. They again tried to harvest it and this time got the odd message "this flower was not harvested in time and has gone to waste".

They then reloaded the current farm by clicking on the yellow diamond in the farm selector. The flower now showed dimmed out to them - and they were able to collect their bonus.

So...

If you encounter frozen flowers that prevent you claiming a bonus, you can try this:

1. ask the farmer to unfreeze them for you; then
2. when/if they do, try to harvest the unfrozen flowers, and
3. after that, reload the farm using the farm selector.

This method does depend on the farmer being willing to unfreeze the flowers. It's a workaround, not a solution.

(It's possible that other techniques will also work - this is just one that I have tested myself and which worked for me. I can't guarantee that it will work in all cases.)
thanks for that information, I did try to get a farmer to unfreeze the flowers on one farm, but she was very reluctant to do that and only succeeded in unfreezing one, which left about 20 more that she did not do...so as of now, unless slashkey come up with a solution to this problem, I will not accept any work that includes flowers...its too time consuming trying to get the particular farmer to come back, sometimes they have actually logged out of facebook...an option to change these frozen flowers to decorations only would be nice,

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 01 2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
thanks for that information, I did try to get a farmer to unfreeze the flowers on one farm, but she was very reluctant to do that and only succeeded in unfreezing one, which left about 20 more that she did not do...so as of now, unless slashkey come up with a solution to this problem, I will not accept any work that includes flowers...its too time consuming trying to get the particular farmer to come back, sometimes they have actually logged out of facebook...an option to change these frozen flowers to decorations only would be nice,
My flower farm had frozen ones for the decorated part. I have replaced them with easter mushrooms and flower pods for color, but I agree, it would be nice if the devs could come up with a way we could have frozen flowers and our workers still get their bonus.
Old Jan 01 2013, 07:37 AM

Here is my question regarding the chest bonuses: Suppose I have a field of flowers, totally watered and they appear all ready to harvest but there is one or more hidden in the field that aren't quite ready yet. Than suppose I hire someone to harvest them and while they are harvesting the few that weren't before become ready to harvest. You would have to reload the farm in order for them to be able to be harvested, right? Would those few flowers keep my worker from being able to collect the bonus even though they weren't ready when they were hired and arrived on the farm?
Old Jan 01 2013, 08:58 AM

I LOVE the chest bonuses! But we shouldn't have to work so hard to get 'em. Work hard for the farmer who hired us, yes. But the farmer shouldn't have to follow us to the farm to hide any semis, oil rigs or other tools that might have things hiding behind them - and we shouldn't have to worry about frozen flowers or trees planted so close together you can't possibly fine the exact one that's still ripe. Instead, how about a "Show me what I missed" button the employee can use? That could make everything that's non-harvestable on the farm totally disappear (not just be dimmed). That would include tools. And maybe even the background color of the farm should be changed to white because I know some of my flowers are hard to see on the sandy colored background of one of my farms. And we need an exception for frozen flowers - shouldn't be penalized for not harvesting those. There. Did that cover all that we need?

Oh no, wait! I have one other thing on my wish list: I think neighbors should be able to claim the chest, too. I understand about trying to encourage us to hire newer folks - and I like to do that and am all for it. But just now, someone hired me from the Marketplace and I didn't see any chests to work for and my thought was, "@#%$(^@! Must be a neighbor of mine! I don't want to work for neighbors!" Whoaaaaa . . . THAT'S certainly not a neighborly way to feel! Well, heck. I honestly don't know what to do about this part of my request because I do understand about wanting to encourage hiring strangers. I just think it can create bad ju-ju among neighbors, which isn't a good thing.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 01 2013, 09:28 AM

"Rob T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
I hate to ask a stupid question, but where is all my salt water bait going? Did I miss something in one of the updates?
Hi,

If you own the fishing tackle shop, that maybe where it is going to... "

My bait keeps disappearing also. Not a big deal - I just build it back up - but it it a glitch for me also. I have one fishing tackle shop. Before I loaded my facilities this a.m. I checked my fishing bait numbers - they were both 0 again. I had several thousand of both last night AFTER I fished my ponds. I only have 1 large and 4 small seacoasts and one big lake.
Old Jan 01 2013, 09:34 AM

Another thought . . . I'd like to see the "Show me what I missed" button that I suggested above be available when you're harvesting your own farm. Obviously we don't get extra credit like employees do, but given the OCD farmer that I am, I would love to be able to use that tool when I'm doing my own farming.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 01 2013, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Here is my question regarding the chest bonuses: Suppose I have a field of flowers, totally watered and they appear all ready to harvest but there is one or more hidden in the field that aren't quite ready yet. Than suppose I hire someone to harvest them and while they are harvesting the few that weren't before become ready to harvest. You would have to reload the farm in order for them to be able to be harvested, right? Would those few flowers keep my worker from being able to collect the bonus even though they weren't ready when they were hired and arrived on the farm?
As I understand they can refresh the farm by clicking on that farm and the bonus will still be there. So no that should not stop them from collecting.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread