Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 08 2012, 02:44 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for fixing the "I can't click on one of the ocean shore bits when I stick two of them together back to back" problem!
Old May 08 2012, 02:48 PM

Ive just been sorting my town - I am just so pleased that I can actually put paving and paths right next to the buildings and the fire hydrants etc dont vanish - I dont have to have all over concrete in order to get cars that wont sink - thank-you.

And the Passion Fruit looks much better now the leaves have grown - fascinating watching new crops!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; May 08 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old May 08 2012, 05:34 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
The 'Production Chain' option is in the Facility Manager, not the 'seed' option.
Duh! I can be such a maroon...I figured it out just moments after posting.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 08 2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Duh! I can be such a maroon...I figured it out just moments after posting.

Old May 08 2012, 06:17 PM

[/quote]- Dirt Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.[/quote]

I like the idea of having 2 kinds of each path. I don't think it's confusing.
Old May 08 2012, 07:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Love the idea of duplicating the paths etc. With the new fix, when using the path under plows to lay some trees there, I now find they dont come above it so I can then delete them. Once I planted crops, the paths would surface but now they dont so the duplication would be awesome! I agree with all other comments that our devs are the best in the business! Thanks so much guys for the great work you do!
Old May 08 2012, 07:21 PM

Level:
XP:

- Dirt Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.[/quote]

I like the idea of having 2 kinds of each path. I don't think it's confusing.[/quote]

Ok, now you guys rock.... thank you, thank you for rotating the acacia tree, they really looked weird, like a big wind blowing just one way and made my farm look loopsided, lol

I don't think it will be confusing having two sets of paths... name one the unsinkable and the sinkable and that way there will be no confussion.... really we are having to make a book "Farm Town for Dummies", like those that are out there for dummies... ;-)

Thanks Raul & Co.
Old May 08 2012, 07:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post

Known Issues

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.
I think this is a good option and you can mark the ones that are not floor items with an x or something so people know which is which in the store.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 08 2012, 08:55 PM

Okay, I can't find this in the 'problems/issues' but right now, no one I know can post their facilities or belt bonuses. Hoping the dev's are on it
Old May 08 2012, 09:26 PM

Level:
XP:

carolann....it really does work to 'follow' the directions on the prob about buying fc....if you persist and change browsers, you can buy it....I did yesterday.
Closed Thread