Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 05 2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
So - I hired someone to harvest, and she left after a few rows.
I went back to the MP to find someone to finish, and the same person was there asking for work! (she had a very unusual 2-word name, so i know it was her). I asked her why she walked off the job, and she acted all innocent asking me the particulars of the job, like she couldnt remember - it was 4 minutes ago! you remember!
I can't fathom why someone would do that!

I also hired someone who harvested about 12 plots, of a large farm with nothing but crops. then he stood there. ten minutes went my, so i hired someone else, who harvested the whole farm, and asked to plow. So I hired the second farmer to plow. The first guy woke up out of his trance, and asked to plow, reminding me that when I was at the MP i had said "harvest and plow". If I could, I would have hired him to plow exactly the plots he harvested - about 12. but I ignored him.

I've hired people to harvest who tell me they don't do trees, because 'it's not worth it". And then they want to plow. my response is that I don't hire people to plow who don't do trees - it's not worth it.

My biggest frustration is farmers who hack away at a few trees and say they're done. 90% of the time i have to go back and harvest a ton of tress that were missed. When I hire someone who actually DOES the trees, I add them to my buddylist to hire again.
To be fair about the man who 'went into a trance' it could have been the result of two things - 1. he could have been called away in the REAL world for a bit, though they usually apologies if that's the case or 2. His computer could have frozen him out and jammed for that space of time until if freed up from whatever it was doing, and let him play again. This does happen and it's very frustrating for the person who was hired as well as from your end.
Old Jun 05 2010, 12:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
To be fair about the man who 'went into a trance' it could have been the result of two things - 1. he could have been called away in the REAL world for a bit, though they usually apologies if that's the case or 2. His computer could have frozen him out and jammed for that space of time until if freed up from whatever it was doing, and let him play again. This does happen and it's very frustrating for the person who was hired as well as from your end.
That is possible I've had it happen to me (the 2nd one that is) There's been a few times where I lost my connection . I've even had the browser close on me
Old Jun 05 2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganGG View Post
I've been having such a hard time trying to hire people lately. I go to the marketplace and it's all people saying they need workers, hardly anyone says they will work even if you say you have a great crop for them with plow after. Where are they all? It took me forever and a couple different MPs to find someone who would do it this morning.
I've been wondering if it was just me who'd been having trouble hiring people. No one seems to want to work anymore, but if that's the case what are they all doing in the MP? This morning the MP was packed, yet no one responded to my requests for harvesters. I ended up doing four farms myself.

I have people on my buddy list, but I find that our online times don't match up.
Old Jun 05 2010, 11:03 AM

I went to the MP last night and tried to hire someone to harvest my trees. I specified that I had a lot of trees and asked if anyone was interested. I got a "ME" real fast. Okay.. so we get to my farm.. the person just stood there moved around a bit.. didn't harvest anything, just left. So, I went back to the MP and hired yet another person. Same thing, they got there and were gone in a flash. So, I just did it myself. It's frustrating! I did it in less time than it took me to try and hire someone.

Now, about asking to plow before every last crop is harvested. I do that now and again. For example, two of us have been hired to harvest and plow. I finish half or more of the harvesting. The other person has maybe a dozen plots left. I will NOT run over and jump in and grab those plots away. I consider that to be very rude. When people do that to me, I don't hesitate to tell them they were rude to jump in front of me to grab the last 12 pineapples.

When I am then asked to plow, I again only do half of it and leave the rest to the other person. I work pretty fast and I feel bad for the newbies or those who can't go fast so I don't take all the work and run.

I don't use a mouse - I seldom ever use one for anything. I have a graphic tablet and the pen works just like a mouse only you don't have to click it. I can just tap a square and it harvests or plows. This allows me to go a lot faster. It's the perfect solution for those who get wrist pains from a mouse.

The MP is becoming a joke. I end up doing most of my own harvesting and plowing. I don't lose any money because I only plant what is needed for my facilities. I have a harvester and a solar plow so each one processes 4 squares at a time. It beats begging for someone to do the job.
Old Jun 05 2010, 05:53 PM
Account Not Linked

can you hire from your buddy list
Old Jun 05 2010, 06:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatcheez View Post
can you hire from your buddy list
Not directly. You can send them a note and meet them to hire them.
Old Jun 05 2010, 08:28 PM

I never bought into the idea of a firing button until tonight, and I've been playing since last July.
I hired, from the market, the most incredibly slow person on this planet. I had told her she could plow too (big mistake on my part,) but being true to my word - I waited 50 minutes for her to h/p 572 fields.
Then - she didn't say thank you!!! Unfortunately the only thing she did quickly was leave before I could ignore her. I should have ignored her midstream and done it all myself, but I had promised her the work.
Vent over
Old Jun 05 2010, 08:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
I never bought into the idea of a firing button until tonight, and I've been playing since last July.
I hired, from the market, the most incredibly slow person on this planet. I had told her she could plow too (big mistake on my part,) but being true to my word - I waited 50 minutes for her to h/p 572 fields.
Then - she didn't say thank you!!! Unfortunately the only thing she did quickly was leave before I could ignore her. I should have ignored her midstream and done it all myself, but I had promised her the work.
Vent over
Vent, but realize that a fire button is still a bad idea I hate hiring from the market because of the slowness and difficulty of finding workers. I don't blame the workers, they could be new, disabled, or a slow computer that makes them slow. Just relax, breathe, cuss at them, then smile and move on
Old Jun 06 2010, 12:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
I've been wondering if it was just me who'd been having trouble hiring people. No one seems to want to work anymore, but if that's the case what are they all doing in the MP? This morning the MP was packed, yet no one responded to my requests for harvesters. I ended up doing four farms myself.
Selling stuff?
Old Jun 06 2010, 02:32 PM

I go to sell in the mornings and I try to hide under the tent, but I still get a lot of hire requests. I don't disagree that it's hard to find people to work sometimes. Not sure why.