Old Aug 19 2012, 05:46 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl1706 View Post
I totally agree with everyone about the layered farms crashing flash. Those are the ones I crash on. I can work all farms when they aren't layered.
I have been doing the layered ones all the time and there is no problem with them, it is the program, have a little patience and it will be fixed. The devs are working on it..
Old Aug 19 2012, 08:58 PM

Level:
XP:

I dont no where this should go but i want to say yes i like the game i play this when i need a break from FFXI but the farm cash items is out of hand i no you need money but with the rate its going to keep up with FC items its crazy i need 300$ of FC items when i came back just so it dont take me hours and hours to work my farm now im looking at other games to play for my breaks amazon here i come
Old Aug 19 2012, 09:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBillyJane View Post
I dont no where this should go but i want to say yes i like the game i play this when i need a break from FFXI but the farm cash items is out of hand i no you need money but with the rate its going to keep up with FC items its crazy i need 300$ of FC items when i came back just so it dont take me hours and hours to work my farm now im looking at other games to play for my breaks amazon here i come
You could go to Zynga, but then just to play the game it would cost hundreds of dollars, getting the bigger tool should cost FC and on the facilities that cost FC they are split fair 2 coin and 2 FC, at least this game you can play without spending money there have been others on the forum that have said they play and don't spend a dime and are happy, so if you want to leave, bye.
Old Aug 20 2012, 01:56 AM

Level:
XP:

I thought I had it fixed the crashing shockwave player...but no! today it crashed again....while working a neighbours facilities..when the mayor helped..I got as far as farm 8, then the dreaded black screen....coping with 9x farms wall to wall did not help as well as loose animals...aarrggg...back to the drawing board, lol

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 20 2012, 06:58 AM

Adobe has released a new version

Developers are, of course, working on the Flash-crash issues.

IF you should experience a crash, please post as much of the following information as you can:

1] Browser you were using (Chrome, Fire Fox, etc)

2] Your operating system (ex: Windows 7, 32 bit)

3] Server you were on (ex: WF40 ... if you open your chat, the server will show in the first few lines of red printing)

4] What your were doing when you crashed... (ex: working neighbors facilites, and crashed on the 8th farm I was working)

5] Brief overview of the farms you were on (ex: 12 farms, lots of facilities, lots of trees... staggered fields.... trees and buildings on top of crops, etc)

you can not give too much information... thanks

Old Aug 20 2012, 02:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Adobe has released a new version

Developers are, of course, working on the Flash-crash issues.

IF you should experience a crash, please post as much of the following information as you can:

1] Browser you were using (Chrome, Fire Fox, etc)

2] Your operating system (ex: Windows 7, 32 bit)

3] Server you were on (ex: WF40 ... if you open your chat, the server will show in the first few lines of red printing)

4] What your were doing when you crashed... (ex: working neighbors facilites, and crashed on the 8th farm I was working)

5] Brief overview of the farms you were on (ex: 12 farms, lots of facilities, lots of trees... staggered fields.... trees and buildings on top of crops, etc)

you can not give too much information... thanks

Wow had to click quote so I could remember all that.

Ok I last week of smooth sailing ,got some rocky the last few days.

I use Comodo on my personal farms, chrome for my families.

I have Windows Vista, 32 Bit

My farms have server WF 3, my family farms WF 4

I crashed while trying to go to another of my farms , my farms are not layered and not a abundance of trees, rivers, lakes etc. or flowers

I also crashed doing a neighbors facilities, but I went back and tried again and finished

Mods..would you jot all my info town PLEASE!!!
Old Aug 20 2012, 02:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
Wow had to click quote so I could remember all that.

Ok I last week of smooth sailing ,got some rocky the last few days.

I use Comodo on my personal farms, chrome for my families.

I have Windows Vista, 32 Bit

My farms have server WF 3, my family farms WF 4

I crashed while trying to go to another of my farms , my farms are not layered and not a abundance of trees, rivers, lakes etc. or flowers

I also crashed doing a neighbors facilities, but I went back and tried again and finished

Mods..would you jot all my info town PLEASE!!!
Seee the first part of my post. That is how my broken brain works

Last week I had a run of smooth sailing...got rocky the last few days. Boy I need a secretary
Old Aug 20 2012, 02:47 PM

I've been reading the posts about FT/Flash crashes. I was at a loss because I've had no problems what so ever, so I set out to see if I could actually MAKE Flash crash while I was playing. I focused on one task everyday, paying close attention to whether or not the farm I was working was heavily layered with crops, trees, flowers or facilities.

First day was spent fishing with my boat. I fished 25 farms, clicking as fast as I could. No crashes.

Next day, I asked to harvest and plow crops, clicking quickly. No crashes.

Next, I harvested trees and chopped. No crashes.

Last, I spent a few hours working 15 of my neighbors facilities. Adobe flash/FT crashed twice at exactly the point where the "mayor" should have offered to work the remaining facilities. This occurred on farms that were not layered, either with crops nor with flowers/trees and I had no difficulty returning to that same farm and picking up where I left off.

Farms that are HEAVILY layered definitely load slower, but I've noticed no appreciable difference in the time it takes to work facilities, harvest, plow or fish on these farms.

With that said, based on personal experience, farms that have multiple crops STACKED on top of one another are almost impossible to farm, depending on how many stacks of crops there are. There's a difference between layering and stacking and unless you are one of the farmers invited to harvest a stacked farm, you would never know that the farm has been stacked (save for the obviously slowed pace of the game). I gave up stacking my crops more than a year ago because A. It left me plots that I was unable to delete (corrupted data), B. Harvesting and plowing occurred at a snails pace and the workers inevitably bailed on my jobs, and C. We were given the gift of multiple farms and I no longer need to stack in order to meet crop demand.

The crashes appear, IMO, to be specifically related to a Flash conflict in the new programming associated with the mayor working remaining facilities. I have no doubt that the Devs are working very hard to resolve this.

I play FT on an HP laptop, 8 gigs of RAM, HD graphics processor, Adobe Flash 11.3, using Google Chrome on a recently upgraded Cisco router designed for internet gaming and video uploads. My FT server is WF 39.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Aug 20 2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post

The crashes appear, IMO, to be specifically related to a Flash conflict in the new programming associated with the mayor working remaining facilities. I have no doubt that the Devs are working very hard to resolve this.

I play FT on an HP laptop, 8 gigs of RAM, HD graphics processor, Adobe Flash 11.3, using Google Chrome on a recently upgraded Cisco router designed for internet gaming and video uploads. My FT server is WF 39.

I believe that you are absolutely on the correct path. And yes, Raul and the devs are certainly working on it as I actually know.

Old Aug 20 2012, 03:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to snuie Send a message via MSN to snuie

hi what is wf? mine is wf 39

Farming since March 17, 2009.
Closed Thread