Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 26 2010, 11:43 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
I agree that the tool prices are getting out of hand and not to mention all the facilities it amounts to over a grand in real money. ive spent 50 pounds in real money so far and I think thats me done spending money in this game. not sure why the most of the tools are fc coz thats part of the game play. and makes it more fun and easy to do jobs. I dont buy a x-box game only to find if I want to enjoy the game further I need to call the x-box phone line to buy a faster car or whatever. I no the devs want to make money on this game and im happy about that, but what im not happy with is you have capped your own game in the tool area, when you should be showning off what you can do to all the players and it should be all about game play to keep players playing. afterall good game play keeps people playing. I no you cant change it back and I think you have shoot yourself in the foot in the tools area slashkey.
This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Log Truck with chainsaw 40 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC
Grand total for all these tools ------ 367 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Food Preserving Factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
printing/packaging facility 32
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32
Total for all Farm Cash facilities = 742 FC

GRAND TOTAL for all tools and facilities that are FC only:: 1109

Now, you can buy 250 FC for $39.99 (25.2313 British pounds)

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

There. I was civil, wasn't I?

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Oct 26 2010, 11:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
just wondering...... about 1/2 hour ago the water sprinkler was available when i was working on a neighbors farm doing facilities now all the sudden it is no longer available....... is this a freak thing or is it permanent???
Nope it is working..as I speak I am tending all my friend's farms and watering with sprinkler.
Old Oct 26 2010, 11:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

Yes you were quite civil and I do thank you for all the hard and time consuming calculations you did..... I have spent very little real cash on this game and still i have millions in coins... my friends have been just ever so generous and have purchase quite a few items for me... and i am so grateful and I do help on their farms and water their flowers daily..... I have never even once asked for them to do this. i love this game.. I remember i used to pick on my husband rather terribly for playing online games telling him that is not what an expensive tool like a pc is meant for ... umm I am eating my words on this for sure.... LOL

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:03 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Nope it is working..as I speak I am tending all my friend's farms and watering with sprinkler.
yup must of just not loaded that time for me thanks DT......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan4jy View Post
I totally agree !!!

I have 3 mill exp pts now and 2.9 mill on the other set of farms..... but I have neighbors with 8-12 million and more.

I would need to quadruple my points to reach the new max?? ggrrrr.

and there is at least one forum member who has (if I remember right) about 80+ million exp points

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 26 2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

....minus the 135 FTcash that comes with level advancement...

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 26 2010, 12:24 PM

Default New seeds

Is there a list somewhere of what all the new seeds are good for? Specifically, are they used to produce something for a facility or just to sell without being an ingredient?
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

You certainly were very civil
My friend and I buy each other stuff for Farm Town as Birthday presents, as well as on other occasions....which is really nice....
I did read somewhere, not sure where now.. probably on the Mashable website....Games who charge for stuff on Facebook have to give a hefty amount of their earnings back to Facebook...

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Oct 26 2010, 12:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodivb View Post
Is there a list somewhere of what all the new seeds are good for? Specifically, are they used to produce something for a facility or just to sell without being an ingredient?
The game guide chapter on facilities shows what each new facility needs...currently the only new stuff used is lavender, sesame seeds, and cedar trees.
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:32 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm a little confused on the selling of crops. What exactly does "primary products" mean? Would, for instance, manure or honey be "primary products"? Is there a list somewhere of what products can be sold?
Closed Thread