Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 30 2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
In that part there should be an "Exceptions" button. Add those 2 sites and set them to allow.
No luck Taz sorry

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 30 2012, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
No luck Taz sorry
Were able to add them? If you were able then close your browser and restart it for the change to take effect. If you couldn't get to that then recheck the block and then click on the exception button.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 30 2012, 02:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

told yalls what will help out get rid of your contaminated files you will be surprized what it will do
Old Aug 30 2012, 03:15 PM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

ahhh, Stoneface, you are my hero!!! lolll
and JW, devs are not closing this thread due to issues with flash player, they are keeping this thread open for members that have issues that need to be reported.
Old Aug 30 2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Were able to add them? If you were able then close your browser and restart it for the change to take effect. If you couldn't get to that then recheck the block and then click on the exception button.
I was able to add them - but no luck - i restarted the browser, restarted the PC, restarted my router, cleared cache and macromedia files etc etc. It is obviously something to do with Chrome - it works OK on Firefox but its slow to the point of almost going backwards on Firefox. I am not getting crashes, just each farm takes so long to load.
Chrome is using Flash 11.3 something and Firefox is using 11.4

Old Aug 30 2012, 06:23 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
I was able to add them - but no luck - i restarted the browser, restarted the PC, restarted my router, cleared cache and macromedia files etc etc. It is obviously something to do with Chrome - it works OK on Firefox but its slow to the point of almost going backwards on Firefox. I am not getting crashes, just each farm takes so long to load.
Hmm you could try also adding "r1.slashkey.com" and "apps.facebook.com" to the exceptions.

Failing that as you have another browser, try uninstalling chrome and install a new copy.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 30 2012, 06:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ok....Try doing the same for Apps.facebook.com and Facebook.com. You might also want to add those to the exceptions for cookies too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 30 2012, 06:39 PM

Sorry Taz and Tiger - tried adding the extra sites - nothing - all I get is the pop-up with the green tick or the red cross - I click Yes to post and then nothing happens.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome - it was working fine until last night.
Could it be AVG's new "Do not track" - a feature that stops trackers on sites tracking you? Firefox disabled it and said it wasnt compatible.

Yes - it WAS AVG - there were two items - Facebook Connect and Facebook Social Plug-ins that were being blocked by the AVG do not track - I allowed them and I can now post. thank you both for your help.

Last edited by maggiel29; Aug 30 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Aug 31 2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
Hi everyone.

We're keeping this thread open a bit longer than usual in case there's any more feedback about the flash problems.

Please let us know if the game is running OK, or if you're still experiencing difficulties.

Thanks.
I'm still crashing on an XP with Firefox and Flash updated new. I'm on WF7
Old Aug 31 2012, 07:43 AM

Taz on the positive side, mine has been working almost perfect since the new version. The avatar is slow but that is not a big problem at all. Thanks to all who are trying to make our farming so much fun again!
Closed Thread