Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan0962 View Post
This upgrade totally sucks. I'm a level 60 and will not be playing any longer at this speed. Dumb dumb dumb. My 13 yo son, level 42 won't play any more and my 10 yo daughter won't play any more. This upgrade was NOT well thought out. Bye bye FT.
I'm level 60 as well (currently #58 in XP on one list). I wonder if they had the foresight to ask some L60's to test it out and give some feed back. Their previous releases have been real gems...this one is a corporalite (look up the word).
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Red face Please change back

Please change back. It is way to slow for me. May be you can change how many people people hire. this way is so slow im uninterested. I know you aare doing all you can and thats good.

Thank you
Account Not Linked

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
The new plowing and harvesting....STINKS!!!! It takes to long to harvest and plow when u have to wait for ur avitar to clear. there r a lot of unhappy farmers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgouger View Post
One other thing.....
its a game and we're supposed to be having fun.
There is now fun in everyting taking MUCH longer to do.
xp/coins are secondary to Realtime being lost.
there will always be another crop around the corner, worring about every xp point and every coin is pointless in this game
I'm sad. Love playing this game but these changes make it too hard. Please fix it.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:53 PM

Hate, hate, hate the new "upgrade". It took me almost 30 minutes to plant my 2nd farm. If this isn't changed and quickly, I'll find something else to play. Very frustating.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:55 PM

Default xp's and coins

I went to the market and accepted a job. Was hired to plow. Plowed a whole field and did not get the first xp or coin. Is this a fix, I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Seastrand View Post
I really hate this upgrade, I would rather lose coins and xp points than have it this way. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to fix the problems, but if it stays like this I am done playing Farm Town.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
No joke. This is a terrible release. Terrible. They have turned FarmTown into Farmville.
........And that is why I stopped playing Farmville!
If it does not get fixed, then I am done with Farmtown!
Account Not Linked

I have to put in my opinion. I HATE the new way of plowing/harvesting. Yes, it is annoying when people just start clicking "anywhere" and this does stop that, but i keep nice even rows and its still slow for me. I really wish you would change it back the other way. I too would rather loose coins from one time to another then to have this aggrivation. It makes it frustrating instead of fun
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamay View Post
Hate, hate, hate the new "upgrade". It took me almost 30 minutes to plant my 2nd farm. If this isn't changed and quickly, I'll find something else to play. Very frustating.
uhhh the new update didn't affect planting at all.. you can still keep on clicking when you plant.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:56 PM

Thumbs down OMFG Batman

Are you kidding me?

Maybe I missed it as I didn't see to what benefit this serves.

And... if this is the way it's gonna be from now on...Two farms for sale!!

I'm not gonna comply. I'm gonna hit the road.

Back to the Ville

LOL. Oh nooooo we have a collision. Is that the reason???? technically what does that mean? Issues with server connects? Issues with what exactly?
Closed Thread