Old Jul 05 2011, 10:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post

I am all for spending money on a game that I enjoy and spend so much time on, but I am disappointed with the bottling factory feature. First of all, most factories it applies to already is a 1 or 2 click fill without it so it leaves a benefit for just a couple factories. Second of all I think that it was kinda greedy to separate the factories out to have to spend more money for just a few factories. There really should only be ONE tool to fill all in EVERY factory. The way it looks now seems it is just going too far with the money making schemes. Now instead of wondering "what kind of cools stuff are they going to come out with next?", I'm wondering "what are they gonna come out with next to try to make more money off us?". That's not the attitude I want to have about a game I have loved for 2 years! It is killing the fun of the game for me because I feel like my money is no longer going to great innovation, but supporting sheer greed instead. (And I have spent quite a bit of money on this game too!) Please, it is SOOO important to me to spend money where it is deserved for greatness, not demanded with sleeziness.
I agree completely. And I think its important to remember that if we didnt genuinely care about this game we wouldnt bother say anything about these things, we'd just stop playing.
Its getting kind of old when someone voices concern about FC costs they are always told it costs money to run this game, even when they say they dont mind spending money on the game at the same time.

If the bottling machine is the first of many similar things to come its going to cost us alot of money just to speed up the facility stocking process. Im all for supporting the developers with my real cash, but i hoped they would come up with something brand new to add to the game and not just 10 different machines that do the same thing in different facilities.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 05 2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
I agree completely. And I think its important to remember that if we didnt genuinely care about this game we wouldnt bother say anything about these things, we'd just stop playing.
Its getting kind of old when someone voices concern about FC costs they are always told it costs money to run this game, even when they say they dont mind spending money on the game at the same time.

If the bottling machine is the first of many similar things to come its going to cost us alot of money just to speed up the facility stocking process. Im all for supporting the developers with my real cash, but i hoped they would come up with something brand new to add to the game and not just 10 different machines that do the same thing in different facilities.
well i guess there is always the alternitave zanga games that charge real cash for almost everything.

and i am just makeing a real & valid point that farm coins wont keep the game running it will disapear and we will be left with zanga rubbish so if they need to break things up then so be it only the income from fc keeps the game going.

anouther alternitive i suppose thay could look at could be make all items coins and charge a fee to play???

i know which i would prefer

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jul 05 2011, 11:02 PM

Default We are paying, its called Advertising

OK, I have kept quiet when people are put down for complaining about FC items. But enough is enough. Farmtown gets lots of money for all the advertizements we see on the sides of our screen while we play the game. That is where most of their revenue comes from, not the money we pay to buy premium items. Lets not forget that, just like we pay for television by being subjected to commercials, we are paying for Farmtown by having those advertisements on our screen. Take a look at your status bar sometimes when you are playing. You see all those websites that zoom by? Those are cookies being placed on our computers for advertisers so they can put ads that will be more effective on our screens. Everyone sees different ads and our information is sold, trust me. So don't try selling that "it takes money to make the game work" line. If none of us paid anything to play the game Slashkey would still get lots of money from all that advertising.
Old Jul 05 2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Jane View Post
OK, I have kept quiet when people are put down for complaining about FC items. But enough is enough. Farmtown gets lots of money for all the advertizements we see on the sides of our screen while we play the game. That is where most of their revenue comes from, not the money we pay to buy premium items. Lets not forget that, just like we pay for television by being subjected to commercials, we are paying for Farmtown by having those advertisements on our screen. Take a look at your status bar sometimes when you are playing. You see all those websites that zoom by? Those are cookies being placed on our computers for advertisers so they can put ads that will be more effective on our screens. Everyone sees different ads and our information is sold, trust me. So don't try selling that "it takes money to make the game work" line. If none of us paid anything to play the game Slashkey would still get lots of money from all that advertising.
no one is putting anyone down just valid points yes thay might get some from the advertising but being that i advertise my business on facebook down the right hand side i doubt farmtown get that as i pay facebook everytime someone clicks on it so i would think that it is actually facebook that benefits there not farmtown/slashkey

research has shown that each player to farmtown is worth about $2.00 each calculated by total income by the # of players.

farmtown used to have advertising below the game window but that was removed some time ago.

Old Jul 05 2011, 11:27 PM

You, as an advertiser pay, but slashkey does not. If they have an ad for farmtown on other apps then they would pay for those but as the app itself they are getting money just to have the ads there and then everytime someone clicks on one. Advertising runs the internet, without it we all would be paying for every website we went to. Try turning off your third party cookies sometime and try to play farmtown. Or better yet set it so you have to ok any third party cookies. You will spend all your time hitting ok. All those third party cookies are paying Slashkey for the access to our information.
Old Jul 05 2011, 11:33 PM

all im saying is i think the game developers are quite fair compared to other fb games

and as it is said no one is forced to buy any item.

Old Jul 05 2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
all im saying is i think the game developers are quite fair compared to other fb games

and as it is said no one is forced to buy any item.
And all I am saying is I am tired of people saying we are paying for the game by buying FC items. We are not, advertising pays for the game, so everyone who plays is paying the same, with their personal information. I think it is unfair that those who don't have very much money can't play the full game. Slashkey should have a way to earn farmcash besides leveling up.
Old Jul 05 2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
And all I am saying is I am tired of people saying we are paying for the game by buying FC items. We are not, advertising pays for the game, so everyone who plays is paying the same, with their personal information. I think it is unfair that those who don't have very much money can't play the full game. Slashkey should have a way to earn farmcash besides leveling up.
you can earn farmcash (however it is temporarely disabled) but thay have said it will be back

it is by completing surveys, watching short videos etc

however after doing a few and having so much junk in my email i prefer to just buy the farmcash and be done with it.

Old Jul 05 2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
you can earn farmcash (however it is temporarely disabled) but thay have said it will be back

it is by completing surveys, watching short videos etc

however after doing a few and having so much junk in my email i prefer to just buy the farmcash and be done with it.
It should be within the game, not more advertising.
Old Jul 06 2011, 12:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You, as an advertiser pay, but slashkey does not. If they have an ad for farmtown on other apps then they would pay for those but as the app itself they are getting money just to have the ads there and then everytime someone clicks on one. Advertising runs the internet, without it we all would be paying for every website we went to. Try turning off your third party cookies sometime and try to play farmtown. Or better yet set it so you have to ok any third party cookies. You will spend all your time hitting ok. All those third party cookies are paying Slashkey for the access to our information.
I always have my third party cookies blocked and I can play the game just fine. The only third party content that has to be turned on is for the flash player. And no company pays slashkey for any information gotten from cookies.
Facebook owns and gets all the revenue from the ads on the right side of the game. Slashkey removed their ads because the company they were dealing with kept inserting ads with pop-ups that kept messing up the game, so they had to drop them.
Facebook may pay them a small amount for those ads on the right but I doubt it is enough to pay for the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread