Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25 2009, 09:38 PM
Just Brilliant ( Level 26 )

Farmer Since: Jul 23 2009
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:

Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.so there's no way that there will be fuel left not enough to do 1 field.you must consume all your fuel before refueling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralyn View Post
You say this isn't a glitch. If the fuel amount you have left is not enough to do even one plot, then refueling should indeed ADD to, not delete, the amount you have left.

This issue is the same as if you're planting and run out of coins. Say you're planting cabbage and have 8 coins left. You get the message "you don't have enough coins to plant." Your option at that point is to try to earn more. When you do earn more, does it wipe out the 8 coins you had left?? No. Coins are ADDED to the existing ones.

If you don't want to call it a glitch, fine. Call it what it is, an error in planning, and fix it so it's not unnecessarily wiping out fuel.

Visit Bobot's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 25 2009, 10:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Absolutely love the new tools. Anything new that comes along is appreciated for the time and effort it takes to develop it. It's too bad that some folks don't understand the process in developing an intricate game like this and don't appreciate what has been done. I for one say "Great Job" to the folks doing all the work while we just play!! If they are not happy with the game, there are lots of others out there that may suit them better...just let us Farmers keep farming and having our fun.
Old Oct 25 2009, 11:05 PM

Ever since the new upgrade with the harvester and tools I'm having a very annoying problem - everyone i hire to come to my farm becomes invisible. The come in and (sometimes) I can see them and I can see the harvest happening. We go to chat but there are no names in the chatbox and they can't see me. Then if i go to hire them to plow, they become invisible. I've had to work around this by having them send me a message and going to their farms to hire them. The last one was plowing away and noticed she wasn't getting coin or XP and I couldn't even see any plowing - even after reload! Finally I told her to stop. No point in her doing something for nothing. Please fix this!!!
Old Oct 27 2009, 08:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Ok - I guess I'm confused - or maybe just really lucky.

For the record, I bought the large seeder -- that's the only tool I own (might consider the harvester when I can get more land to put in on - no place to put it now.)

I fueled up the first time, and got 1300+ gallons of fuel.. I still have over 1000 gallons of the original fueling, so I'm having a hard time relating to running out of fuel. But I do have a lot of neighbors, so that's one explanation.

For those who say their gifted fuel tanks disappear... I believe whenever you refuel, all those gifted tanks are automatically put into your fuel inventory - you don't have the option (not yet, anyway) to leave them in your gift box. So I'm guessing they didn't disappear, but ended up in your fuel inventory. Of course you can avoid this by not bringing them over to Farmtown from Facebook until you are ready to use them.

Because I have so many neighbors, I will probably never need/use the gifted tanks, so I sell them in the marketplace.

I have never lost a gallon of fuel yet, but I am still on my first fill-up. We'll see if that changes when I need to re-fuel in a few weeks (I plant mostly 3-4 day crops.)

As far as the harvester is concerned, I like hiring from the MP and interacting with others. But sometimes I don't have time to find a harvester and wait, so I do it myself. That's when this tool would come in handy. Everybody has different priorities - if you don't need it - don't buy it.

Having said that, I too would like to see us be able to use them on other farms -- but would prefer FT limit the use of one tool per farm at any time - don't want to see demolition derby on the fields...

These are good additions to the game - when all the kinks are worked out - and they will be -- I suspect they will be very popular.
Old Oct 26 2009, 12:18 AM

PS What's with this silent timed out message? At least before we had warning! Now I'm harvesting or plowing away and I've timed out and don't even know it! That one really ticks me off. I don't get my coin or XP and most often the farmer has to re-do what I thought I did. I bet this is the reason people suddenly don't get their coin and XP or it's been taken away but they don't realize they've timed out. This one REALLY needs to be fixed.
Old Oct 26 2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMac57 View Post
PS What's with this silent timed out message? At least before we had warning! Now I'm harvesting or plowing away and I've timed out and don't even know it! That one really ticks me off. I don't get my coin or XP and most often the farmer has to re-do what I thought I did. I bet this is the reason people suddenly don't get their coin and XP or it's been taken away but they don't realize they've timed out. This one REALLY needs to be fixed.

I agree, this is really a step backwards. Now it would seem the only way to reconnect to your severs is by loading the game over. Most the time you are on someones farm plowing or harvesting and dont recieve any kind of message at all. I click the save icon periodically while harvesting and usually thats when I finally get a message stating im no longer connected to the server. By then, all the work I have done means nothing and I have no choice but to leave the farm, infact the whole game and reload.

For this reason I would rather the whole harvesting thing go back to the way it was to begin with, along with the connection to server errors that popped up. Atleast with the old way you could fight off the errors and stay on the farm and work when you were reconnected.

This is also the reason you keep getting tons of complaint posts in this forum about not getting xp / coins for work being done.

Again, basic game play here.......all the ghosts and gobblins mean nothing without having basic game play. Fix the fundementals first.

Riverview plantation
Old Oct 26 2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Farmer Tom~ View Post
I agree, this is really a step backwards. Now it would seem the only way to reconnect to your severs is by loading the game over. Most the time you are on someones farm plowing or harvesting and dont recieve any kind of message at all. I click the save icon periodically while harvesting and usually thats when I finally get a message stating im no longer connected to the server. By then, all the work I have done means nothing and I have no choice but to leave the farm, infact the whole game and reload.

For this reason I would rather the whole harvesting thing go back to the way it was to begin with, along with the connection to server errors that popped up. Atleast with the old way you could fight off the errors and stay on the farm and work when you were reconnected.

This is also the reason you keep getting tons of complaint posts in this forum about not getting xp / coins for work being done.

Again, basic game play here.......all the ghosts and gobblins mean nothing without having basic game play. Fix the fundementals first.
This has happened to me ALOT...and man, it's frustrating!!
Old Oct 26 2009, 05:05 AM

like the new updates but why have the tress been locked that i could previously buy and i still can't buy red crocus as that is still locked even though i am on the last level
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:31 AM
Account Not Linked

First of all-- I love FarmTown!!
But I don't really understand the benefit of the tools. We already had the ability to plow four plots at once. The harvest tool is kind of cool but does not speed up the process. I do love machines, though! The best upgrade you gave us wast the ability to plow/harvest/plant without waiting on the cute little avatar to catch up.
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:37 AM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Jul 01 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

I agree with most on the new tools - the big seeder is the only one that is worth anything. You should be able to allow workers to use the equipment or at the least neighbor's should be able to use them for harvesting and plowing. There should be more levels - more land - more seeds and less stuff that take the FT $$'s. Quite frankly it's getting to be a little boring - you can only remodel your farm so much!

Visit Fannie the Farmer's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread