Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 29 2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Honking Toe View Post
You owe me 1 dollar for using part of my name.
Okie dokie

I've used it quite alot this week...

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 29 2010, 08:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

don't know where to ask this. have searched and searched to find out.. does anyone know the send gifts limit on farm town??

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 29 2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
don't know where to ask this. have searched and searched to find out.. does anyone know the send gifts limit on farm town??
It was 40 last time I reached it...
Old Jun 29 2010, 10:49 PM

Red face found a glitch?

I have not been able to water my flowers on my 4th farm for days now...they are all dead PLEASE help me with this...

Thanks
Old Jun 30 2010, 12:39 AM

Level:
XP:

Do I have to re-iterate my enjoyment? TWO AND A HALF HOURS TO LOAD TWO FACTORIES AND I'M STILL NOT DONE.
Old Jun 30 2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
Production limits reached

"waiting on w69.slashkey.com"

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

...OK, I just queued up 27,000 cocoa units. How long is this going to take exactly?

DO YOU SEE HOW OLD THIS GETS? DO YOU SEE HOW OLD THIS GETS? Force your programmers to play this game, it's the only way this rediculous nonsense is going to get fixed.
Speaking of forcing people to play this game... Who is forcing you ? We all know it is not perfect but we do have the option not to play it.
Old Jun 30 2010, 01:48 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Speaking of forcing people to play this game... Who is forcing you ? We all know it is not perfect but we do have the option not to play it.
I'm simply trying to load my factories. For the past 3 and a half hours I've simply been trying to load my factories. The mouse clicks for this take less than 15 seconds, yet 3.5 hours later I'm still trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.

The main problem is 1) usability and 2) basic computer science concepts. Granted, there are constraints with using flash as the engine for this but the nuclear sized holes in this program are simply due to sloppy programming, programmer's that don't use the program themselves, and the difficulty in farming out general computer science work to people that don't care. It is painfully obvious this is all being farmed out. I'm simply the squeeky wheel trying to get the managers of this project to re-adjust how they are running it.

The fixes for this are simple. Someone just has to care.

Last edited by TsunamiVince; Jun 30 2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jun 30 2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
I'm simply trying to load my factories. For the past 3 and a half hours I've simply been trying to load my factories. The mouse clicks for this take less than 15 seconds, yet 3.5 hours later I'm still trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.
I do take your point on the fact that it takes a long time (once you have loaded the facilities) for the process to complete. Judging by the amount of posts on this subject I am sure the developers are aware of the time lag. I just believe that games should be fun (even if they have bugs, poor progamming , glitches etc..) and if they are not fun why play them.
Old Jun 30 2010, 04:44 AM

Oops! Why does my FarmTown work so well, amazingly well? :-) Compared to other farm games, exceptionally well. Some tiny problems... but not much... Is it my WF 31? Is it my little MacBook? Google Chrome? My all four far too complex beautiful farms? LOL... Am I teasing now all the bad game spirits? I just hope my farms will work as well as they do now forever and ever! :-) Happy farming to everyone!!!!!
Old Jun 30 2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titta View Post
Oops! Why does my FarmTown work so well, amazingly well? :-) Compared to other farm games, exceptionally well. Some tiny problems... but not much... Is it my WF 31? Is it my little MacBook? Google Chrome? My all four far too complex beautiful farms? LOL... Am I teasing now all the bad game spirits? I just hope my farms will work as well as they do now forever and ever! :-) Happy farming to everyone!!!!!
Talk about tempting fate
Closed Thread