Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2010, 12:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I stand corrected...I guess I am still having problems with the server timing out while harvesting....sigh.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 01 2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Jeanne♪ View Post
Thank you for getting rid of 'Already Done'. The question is, do we really need the little floating messages that tell you the coin and XP you earned? It is in the total and just seems to slow up everything.
For what it's worth, I like having the XP and coin totals appear right over my avatar while I'm working. That way I can see that it's being recorded - a couple of times I've had the coins stop tallying up and I was able to stop within a half dozen plots and ask the farm owner what was going on, as opposed to doing a ton of plots and not noticing that I wasn't getting paid for them because I was looking at the plots instead of at my overall total.
Old Jan 01 2010, 01:58 PM

On server 54. Have done all the recommended suggestions short of buying a new computer. Clear cache every time I come to FT. It is slower than before and I'm having massive trouble with time outs. Of course I don't see I've timed out until I'm 100 - 150 clicks in the middle of the job. The person who hired me is waiting too. This is incredibly frustrating to both of us. Of note, I never timed out before the first "upgrade" 23DEC09.

I am level 60 with two full farms. 640,000 plus xps, and 23M in coins. I can seed and hit save and the change is immediate. Why is the harvesting and plowing not the same? This has been the worst 8 days of Farm Town. Developers - Please help.
Old Jan 01 2010, 02:45 PM

I liked things the way they were where you harvested, then went and clicked on the little disc to save your pending changes, then you plowed for the person and again clicked on the disc to save pending changes before leaving their farm, clicking on Play to reload the game and all the changes were there. I never had a problem with that ever that I noticed.
Old Jan 01 2010, 03:09 PM

Level:
XP:
Thumbs down

I can go to neighbors farms but nothing happens when I get there. I have bought three items at the store, then try to put them on my farm and they disappear forever but take the money from my account - give me the money back!

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 01 2010, 04:24 PM

Question scattered slow harvesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Just been hired to plough. The whole field was queued from havesting. As plots became available I was able to plough. The process was very slow mainly due to the random way the plots became 'revealed' I had to keep going to different sections of the fields as small areas became available. Not sure whether this is a problem wth the update or just down to a random method of ploughing by the other worker. Only two workers on the farm one harvesting and me ploughing. A very frustrating job which slowed me down considerably! As far as I can tell no problems with coins or xp.
Similar thing happend to me today as well; I hired a buddy who was harvesting, went very slow. Slower and slower. Took me about 5 times to hire him to plow; he had to leave, I had to leave. Wouldnt send him message until his harvesting was done. Then when he was plowing, slow slow. I was trying to plant behind him, but even though he was plowing in straight even rows, his plowed plots showed up scattered here and there. Looked random but he was now plowing randomly. The last about dozen of his scattered plowed plots showed as queued, but didnt finish as plowed until i refreshed. ONly then was I able to finish planting seeds.
Maybe everyone was on FarmTown on New Years Day, overloading the servers?
lol
GREAT GAME.. just mentioning a possible glitch.
thanks for everything.

Farming in the beautiful Great Smoky Mtns of N.C.,
FT member since May 6, 2009
Piccolo Pete
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2041&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 01 2010, 05:20 PM

Level:
XP:

I think I just accidentally found a way to get rid of the server time out dialog without clicking the green tick and getting kicked off of the job. What I did was click the green plug button to disconnect from the mainframe and then confirm the offline mode. Then I clicked the plug button again (now red) to reconnect to the mainframe and confirm online mode. This leaves me in a state were I can work, but the server time out dialog still remains. However I found that if I click like I'm going to rename the farm another dialog pops up to let me know I can only rename my own farm. When I acknowledge that dialog I have a clear field to work on again.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 01 2010, 06:02 PM

Thumbs up Time out

That is good news.. I just got timed out. Happens everytime farmer asks me to do trees.. Thanks for the info..
Also Thanks to all the farm town Tech support guys. 'FT" is back to fun.. I am lovin it again..!!
Old Jan 01 2010, 06:10 PM

I had something happen to me last night I hired someone from the market and she was plowing for me I hit another application button by accident when I came back in my field was half done I tried to rehire her but she said it was all done on her side I had before unistalled flash and cleared my cache and reinstalled flash didn't think I needed to do it again but I did and went to rehire someone from the market I wish everything would go back to normal like before 12/22 thank you for trying to fix the game am a big fan.

Sarah Meinhardt
Old Jan 01 2010, 06:20 PM

Unhappy big feed bag

Please I beg you to reduce the size of the seed bag. It is so irritating that I can't see the plots I want to plow. I absolutley hate it that size. Surely you can get on a site and try to plant a crop to experience the clumsiness of the current arrangement. Please make it the way it was.