Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 17 2019, 11:25 AM

Default Game not taking my clicks correctly the last week

Hello,
I click onto my equipment, then get the seed screen, I choose my seeds and end up planting something else.
If I just planted another farm with (example) wheat, no matter what I click onto in the seed list, I end up planting another field of wheat.
I click onto my ship container to start it, I get a message that the container is not available and to try again later.
Too many things going wrong on my farms, NEED HELP PLEASE.
Thank you!!
Old Nov 17 2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel41 View Post
Hello,
I click onto my equipment, then get the seed screen, I choose my seeds and end up planting something else.
If I just planted another farm with (example) wheat, no matter what I click onto in the seed list, I end up planting another field of wheat.
I click onto my ship container to start it, I get a message that the container is not available and to try again later.
Too many things going wrong on my farms, NEED HELP PLEASE.
Thank you!!

Hi Ethel

I moved your post to the thread about Display issues.

You say this happened last last week, is it still happening?

I had a look at your data and you are preparing your green ship.

About your crop problem, if you are using a wireless mouse please check batteries.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Last edited by marymarcel; Nov 17 2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old Nov 17 2019, 07:17 PM

Default Adobe changes

I have a question about adobe. When I go to FT I have to 'run Adobe Flash' every time I go into the game even if I have been in it and begin to work other peoples farm. I found this online about Adobe Flash.

Mozilla explains that once Flash has been disabled by default in Firefox, users will not be prompted to enable Flash, but they will be able to activate Flash on certain sites using browser settings.

The second final step for Flash on Firefox is due in 2020 and will see Flash support completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox. Flash will continue to be supported in the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version until the end of 2020. In 2021 Firefox will "refuse to load the plugin".

Microsoft is also disabling Flash by default in Edge and Internet Explorer in mid to late 2019.

Adobe's Flash, a pioneering yet often derided piece of the interactive web, will be phased out with end of life coming in 2020. Adobe will encourage content creators to migrate to open formats.

Am I understanding correctly that Flash will not work? If so, are the developers working on something to work in its place? Hopefully, I am worrying for nothing. Please advise.
Old Nov 17 2019, 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodmagic03 View Post
I have a question about adobe. When I go to FT I have to 'run Adobe Flash' every time I go into the game even if I have been in it and begin to work other peoples farm. I found this online about Adobe Flash.

Mozilla explains that once Flash has been disabled by default in Firefox, users will not be prompted to enable Flash, but they will be able to activate Flash on certain sites using browser settings.

The second final step for Flash on Firefox is due in 2020 and will see Flash support completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox. Flash will continue to be supported in the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version until the end of 2020. In 2021 Firefox will "refuse to load the plugin".

Microsoft is also disabling Flash by default in Edge and Internet Explorer in mid to late 2019.

Adobe's Flash, a pioneering yet often derided piece of the interactive web, will be phased out with end of life coming in 2020. Adobe will encourage content creators to migrate to open formats.

Am I understanding correctly that Flash will not work? If so, are the developers working on something to work in its place? Hopefully, I am worrying for nothing. Please advise.
Hi moodmagic,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the display. Yes currently with Firefox you have to "Allow" Flash to run for every instance you are using it for. These were recent changes by Firefox as Adobe has announced the end of life for Flash will be December 2020. Until that time Flash will work as you alllowit to run.
The information we have from the developers is in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641970
Farm Town will be ready and converted over prior to the end of life for Flash.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 20 2019, 08:15 AM

can someone link me the the flash enabler for chrome/opera can not find it using the search
Old Nov 20 2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
can someone link me the the flash enabler for chrome/opera can not find it using the search
Hi JNelson

It is explaining in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

SUPPORT TEAM

Old Nov 23 2019, 12:02 PM

Just for your info, in case others have the same problem. I have lost my grid at the top of the farm with all the farm numbers on it. Assume it is because of the update .......

Also, if I click on tool box, it opens but it then will not do anything and remains on the page, have to refresh to get rid of it .......

Edit: It is now back to normal - how quick was that !!

Last edited by barbaraelwart; Nov 23 2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added some more
Old Nov 23 2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Just for your info, in case others have the same problem. I have lost my grid at the top of the farm with all the farm numbers on it. Assume it is because of the update .......

Also, if I click on tool box, it opens but it then will not do anything and remains on the page, have to refresh to get rid of it .......
Hi barbaraelwart

I moved your post to the thread about Display Issues.

Please clear your browser cache, you have instructions on how to do this for some browsers in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Please take in mind, that the first time you try to load the game after the clearing it will take a little more time as all data has to be loaded.

SUPPORT TEAM

Old Nov 29 2019, 10:11 PM

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place
Will the game run properly if you use incognito mode? I use it now and again and could swear that some actions "get lost"
Old Nov 30 2019, 02:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place
Will the game run properly if you use incognito mode? I use it now and again and could swear that some actions "get lost"
Hi Kevat,
Sorry but I don't have an answer to that. If it does run you may not have your neighbors listed correctly. The game wasn't designed to be able to play in incognito or private browsing as many things needed from Facebook will not load correctly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
archived farm, coloured dots, display, display issues, expand screen, eye, farm name change, farm order, farm stats, grid colours, music, screen size, sound