Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Fred,
Even if you have opted out by moving a facility, if a facility that you fill happens to be one of the ones for the current week's contest, then yes it will show that you have helped them with points for their contest chain. Is this a bad thing?
You are not participating as a chain leader in the contest, but your facility filling is helping your neighbors if they want to participate. It may not be a big help but it is some points toward them winning a prize.
Taz, lol. In a way it is bad, in a way it isn't. The bad part, as I see it, is that if I wasn't in their chain they would most likely have someone who wanted to be in the quest and would fill factories more often as they are trying to win, whereas I am just doing it to make more bread or fish oil. I am therefore taking the place of someone who truly would be helpful.

Thanks for the clarification.....I am truly not trying to make waves, but trying to figure this whole thing out.

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 29 2016, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bee View Post
Taz, lol. In a way it is bad, in a way it isn't. The bad part, as I see it, is that if I wasn't in their chain they would most likely have someone who wanted to be in the quest and would fill factories more often as they are trying to win, whereas I am just doing it to make more bread or fish oil. I am therefore taking the place of someone who truly would be helpful.

Thanks for the clarification.....I am truly not trying to make waves, but trying to figure this whole thing out.

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer
Hi Fred,
There isn't a limit to how many of your neighbors are in your chain, so that isn't a problem. You are not keeping someone else from helping. All of that person's neighbors who happen to have the facilities for that week can help.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 02 2016, 12:32 AM

Post No automatic add of new cash facilities

when I bought a new baby store and a new british restaurant and put them on my #23, they did not add automatically, so I cannot work them and still only have one of each fac.

I bought them on Friday night, I believe... so it's been a few days I've tried clearing cache, scanning for viruses, re-reading the rules endlessly, etc. Ideas please.

Oh, and another question: if I do my facilities using bulk actions via facilities manager, do the proper facilities' actions still help the neighbourhood chain, or must I click on the blue "work" button within the game page?

Last edited by treseda; May 02 2016 at 12:36 AM. Reason: more info
Old May 02 2016, 12:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by treseda View Post
when I bought a new baby store and a new british restaurant and put them on my #23, they did not add automatically, so I cannot work them and still only have one of each fac.

I bought them on Friday night, I believe... so it's been a few days I've tried clearing cache, scanning for viruses, re-reading the rules endlessly, etc. Ideas please.

Oh, and another question: if I do my facilities using bulk actions via facilities manager, do the proper facilities' actions still help the neighbourhood chain, or must I click on the blue "work" button within the game page?
Hi treseda,
You didn't say which cache you cleared. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 02 2016, 11:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Default the stupiest thing farm townhas come up with

i have people in my team i dont know who they are and they are not participating, this is ridciulous, remove me from this stupid game there should be an option
Old May 02 2016, 12:20 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karela View Post
i have people in my team i dont know who they are and they are not participating, this is ridciulous, remove me from this stupid game there should be an option
Hi kaela,

It's your neighbours who are in your neighbourhood. Have a look in the neighbours tabs for their profile pictures if you can't remember what their avatar names are.

Everyone wins something just by being part of the contest, where they are actively participating or just running their facilties as normal.

If you do not wish to win any prize, you can remove yourself from the contest by taking a participating facility and placing it into storage, then put it back out on to your farm. I am sorry but currently that is the only way to do it.

If you would like to make a suggestions about this, please place your idea in the suggestions area of the forum. Here's the link to that section >>
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old May 03 2016, 11:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Default rewards

when you receive a reward such as increased capacity on a train car, how long is it for? I was told just a week. Thx
Old May 03 2016, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R and S Farms View Post
when you receive a reward such as increased capacity on a train car, how long is it for? I was told just a week. Thx
Hi R and S,
It is a one time only reward for those amounts. You do not have to own the train car for the amounts of goods to be added to your storage. Though it shows as a percentage of what the train car carries it really has nothing to do with the cars themselves. If the car for the week brings 100 cod and your reward is 50% then you will get 50 cod added to your storage immediately when you collect your reward.
Old May 03 2016, 05:15 PM

Default neighborhood chain neighbors

I am totally confused about the neighbors in my chain. I sent emails to a few of them in my neighborhood, (my neighbors) thanking them for their help on the chains. My neighborhood is currently in 1st place ranking, so I thought, but the responses from my neighbors say they are in 2nd place, 8th place, etc. How are the neighbors divided up and don't we all play on one team or several teams?

Thanks

Edna the confused or dummy
Old May 03 2016, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsksmom View Post
I am totally confused about the neighbors in my chain. I sent emails to a few of them in my neighborhood, (my neighbors) thanking them for their help on the chains. My neighborhood is currently in 1st place ranking, so I thought, but the responses from my neighbors say they are in 2nd place, 8th place, etc. How are the neighbors divided up and don't we all play on one team or several teams?

Thanks

Edna the confused or dummy
Hi Edna,
You are the head of your team and your neighbors who load their facilities help your score to go up. Your neighbors are head of their own teams of their neighbors and when you and the rest of their neighbors load facilities you help them get points too. Only the leader of the team gets the prize for what place they are in at the end.
Each player competes as an indivual team leader with all their neighbors helping to add points to their score as they fill the facilities.

Tags
add faciities in contest, facilities in contest, missing in contest, ncc, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest, neighborhood contest.