Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:20 PM

Angry

I've played FT for a long time, read Forum since October. I never posted before but this "new release" is such a pain, I just won't go to anyone's farm to work. May never make a higher lever, and if not, when I get too bored there are plenty of other games out there. Farmtown was always my favorite, but if it stays like this, I'll probably quit soon.

Please change it back.:

I would rather lose coins. These changes suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As in the WORST ever to this game

Default Good News / Bad News

It is slower to harvest and plow (hired and working for others); but, the avator is not doing a re-run so that helps some.

I have not leveled up in 3 wks and I do same work every day. I'm level 60 and gained over 7000 xps in 2 days.

Tonite my seeder completely disappeared right before my eyes.

HELP.......
Account Not Linked

It works well when doing your own farm. There goes the social networking aspect of the game.

Thumbs down You are kidding, right?

Raul - I am sure by now you have read the "reviews" regarding the harvesting change. Clearly there is one pro and about 400 cons. You have got to be kidding with this pointless, frustrating change. And, no Raul, I do not believe this was done to eliminate the XP/Coin loss - how does causing a new problem, fix an old problem????? I agree with everyone else - is this is what the developers want to do (have our Avatars move S-L-O-W-L-Y); how about we all move right out the farm door and over to Farmville. I, like everyone else, am confused as to why you would destroy this game. I have tons of family and friends on Farm Town who do not send messages on the Forum, however, feel as strongly as I do. It was fun while it lasted...but I do not have the time to waste because some developer had a foolish idea. Whoever you are out there - you might think about another career.

lVladDrag0n: I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.
My response to that is......"Awwww, poor babies. NOW you actually have to play the game as it was meant to be played."

All I can say to this is "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" WTF? I have been playing this game for 7-8 months almost from the VERY beginning!!!!! I don't know any cheats....and I am on wireless so my connection is what it is, my computer is new and may be fast....I DONT have all day to sit and harvest and plow for 10 hours because people like you have all the time, I have a family and other things to do. Farmtown is a supposed to be FUN and RELAXING!!! I don't walk over the top of people.....you shouldn't make comments when I think most of the people complaining are just like me, we just want to come on and ENJOY ourselves. I am not a rude person....I have put a lot of ENDLESS HOURS into my farm(s)....so a BIG F U I guess would be in order to you!
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:21 PM

Raul, you RUINED this game. This sucks. You have just ran off the majority of the players, I'm sure.

this is horrible. basically, you have forced the tick mark "wait for each plow/plant". my suggestion....we are having coin and xp issues because people think its cool to hire 20 people to do one farm. thats a lot of confusion, for us, and the server. make a limit for the market....you can hire only 1 person per job at a time. so 1 plower 1 harvester. or even 2 each so max is 4. seems anything over 4 is a HUGE issue!!! that, or make it so we can ONLY hire our neighbors, most of who are our family and real life friends. then we can have a family fight over etiquette, rather than a farmtown fight. maybe in the market...you could somehow make it so we could lose the chat box, and just have some bubble that shows whether we are hiring or looking for work, and what kind of work...you go to market and tick what ya need, and a bubble over your head appears...

....someone mentioned us using plowers and harvesters on others fields...i agree with this!!!! i often thought the same, they are useless, since we hire out to help others gain xp/coins, and to save money. i only use the seeder.

those are my suggestions...but the current fix is not going to be popular and you are going to lose users with it, most people don't have an hour to wait on the fields to be harvested and plowed before they can plant!!!!

I tried it again...and it's even worse now when you are near another avatar...talk about collisions! PLEASE PLEASE make it a pleasurable game again. This was is the most inefficient system/game I have worked with. Going slow is not pleasure...it is torture. Why not limit the amount of workers that can be hired rather than slow quicker people down to a snail's pace. Forget marketplace, now. We'll all have to move up levels on our own farms, if we continue to play at all.
I understand the losing coins/xps....but those can quickly be made up at a far greater pace the old way.
You've made a lot of good improvement....this is just not one of them.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Just roll back this change and do more research. Please!
Closed Thread