Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 07:34 AM
Account Not Linked

I like the idea of limiting the amount of people that you can hire. It is frustrating when someone hires to many people for a small job that should only be for 1 person.
There r some people on here that are mean and greedy!! They do not want to stay in one spot, they always want to jump where i am trying to harvest!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:37 AM

I am glad you are considering going back to the old way of plowing and harvesting. I never had any problems losing coins or points, and work went a lot faster. However, I do like the idea of limiting the number of workers you can hire. Too many workers on one farm tends to slow everything down and cause confusion. I generally only hire 2 people myself to harvest first and then plow so they both get equal shares of the work.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:37 AM

come on guy's one step forward 2 steps back today playing this game is honorable slow person is constantly busy jerks as they move have to click 2 or 3 times been playing for almost a year and have seen may issues solved confident this will be solved also
thank you
have wonderful holidays
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops300 View Post
Thank you so much for going back to old version. I prefer the was it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work. As far as potential for collisions, it is worse on this new version since everyone lands in the middle and tries to work in the same area. Personally, I never saw myself lose coins, as they would always show up as I left the job. Thank you for listening.
I completely agree, and also want to thank you for your decision to change FarmTown back to the way it was. As for the collisions, I have always felt it was a matter of people being over-zealous, stingy, aggressive, or whatever you wish to call it. All we have to do is pay attention to what's happening and we'll see each other. There should be no reason for "collisions". And as I've always said, it is just a game. But it is a great game, and we all love it. Thanks!!!!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Guy View Post
A job well done, the new update is great. If the developers let themselves be pushed around by a few unhappy players then that's just to bad. It seems everyone who is complaining is complaining about the speed. I've had more compliments about my speed tonight than ever before. The speed has not changed at all and now you have to make every click of your mouse count. You have improved the game for the masses and that's who the game is for right?

It will be a mistake if you go back to the way it was before 12.22.2009. With this update you have leveled the playing field and made the game more challenging and interesting. Do you want FT to be fair and challenging, the same for everyone or is the game for the few who wine the loudest. The new update does take the hop-scotchers out of the picture, some folks call them harvest hogs or plow pigs. We all know who they are, they don't know how to have a strategy with the game. The new way you had better have a strategy or you will work your way in to a corner and take forever walking to get to your next plot to harvest or plow. If the developers spend some time in the markets listening the players they will see some complain sure but the masses are still playing the game, just like before. As a matter of fact there happen to be more new names in the marketplace tonight. Raul, this game is for everyone, not just the whiners who can't really play. Make every mouse click count, have a strategy and really learn how the game works, not just wildly clicking here and there. If other games were that way think of the chaos it would cause in a shooters game, or any game for that matter. Leave the new upgrade the way it is if you really want the game to be for the masses, for the every average person who wants to play it.

I've only been able to score about 500,000 coins tonight and about 7,000 XP points. It is just like any other night if you really want to play. Give the new system an honest try before you cave in to the whiners. You've got millions of players, don't make a decision for everyone on what a few dozen have to say in this forum.
This is the best post about the new method yet.
Well said Iowa Guy, I agree with every word.
The new method actually takes a bit of co-ordination, skill and stratedgy and once mastered, is actually faster and more precise than the old way.
I'd like to see the Devs give it a week, then I bet a lot more would see what we mean.
I wish they wouldn't change it back, but I'm not gonna whinge about it and threaten to go to leave if they do.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:41 AM

Default Hire to work on your farm

I don't know why people hire so many people to work on their farms..I only hire 2 at the most and never did i loose points or coins and I'm at level 60'''More than once I was hired on a farm that had more than 8 people working on it,,,,Why do people do this?? the max should be 3 and this would solve a lot of problems...
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:44 AM
Force of Nature ( Level 31 )

Farmer Since: Nov 03 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

I believe to implement a system of not being able to refresh your screen until the job is finished...and you should only be able to hire like 2 people per max field to harvest and 2 people to plow at the same time..it makes it easier to block the number of people rather than slow down the process altogether.

Visit Amanda's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:46 AM

That is the solution - only hire 2, 3 or 4. When I am on a farm with more than 4 - I get off. If the developers can change the game to limit the amount of hires, things will go more smoothly. And thank you for considering changing back - contrary to what a few claim, it was far more frustrating and time-consuming. A "game" should be fun, not work - we do that during the day.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:47 AM
Account Not Linked

all i can say is go back to the way it was fast plowing and harvesting or you are going to loose a lot off players on farm town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:47 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwis View Post
THANK GOD!!!!
the original way was better. Please do the limited hiring practice as this will reduce the collision issue.
If you have to recode things for it to be done, please reset the game back to the way it was until you have the new code done that limits how many people you can hire.

Thanks again for listening to your valued players and keep up the great work on the game.
I agree thanks for going back to the old way. Changes like only hiring 1 person would be ok. I wouildnt mind that
Thanks again

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread