Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 07:47 AM

I agree with most on here and will be extremely happy when it is changed back!!! Takes way tooooooo long now and not only that,but, my avatar walks backwards half the time...almost like she has no interest in what she is doing... Merry Christmas All!
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:48 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you farm town for going back to the way it way. I was so affraid that i would have to go to farmville. I love farm town(the way it was) and would hate to leave.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for going back to the way things were
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:48 AM

Default Reduce the number of hires

My suggestion: reduce the number of farmers you can hire to maybe 4 for either harvesting or plowing. When I am hired to work a farm with 7, 8, 9 or 10 other farmers, I immediately click off to avoid "collisions" etc. I think that is the most simplistic answer: reduce the hired hands to no more than 4.
Thank you for taking into consideration everyone's concerns about the most recent change. It really was way too frustrating.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:51 AM
Account Not Linked

if you want to solve the prob of people hiring more than 1 person at a time limit it to 1 plower 1 harvester, but please bring back the fast plowing and harvesting, i spent 40 mins last night doing a farm ... people are going to loose interest and go to the other farm appts available,

You should really revert back to the way it was last Spring ('09). You had to be able to "read" the fields and layout to harvest really fast. It was fun and competitive and encouraged some chat interaction to help new people. Then came "qued" harvesting... that really sucked... unfinished fields, quitters, you name it. Now, I see it is click by click, one at a time... just encourages field flooding. Go waaaaay back to the format of last spring, and make the game fun and competitive again. I am level 60 (want more levels), but like to help new people. Don't bore me away from the game with these enhancements that aren't an enhancement. Thanks!!

Unicron77 is correct...if players wish to wait for the avatar with every click they can choose that option in preferences. Those of us that like to move more quickly have no such option.
It's far more efficient to be able to click more quickly, have the coins/XP credited as we click and to be able to be hired to plow immediately.
I was kicked out by lost connections much more before the upgrade = unstable! And means a loss of coins/XP unless thay are credited when clicking.

Roozter
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:54 AM

I hire one person and give them the choice of whether or not they want help.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Ahhh...an early Christmas present of FT going back to the way it was before yesterday's fiasco! THANK YOU!!!

I agree with Luna several pages back to forget about hiring limits and farmers always have the option of leaving if there are way too many hires. That regulates itself.

About the only change I'd suggest for the game going forward is a "fire" button. Farmers right now can leave if they think there are too many hires on a farm, but the farm owner has no options. Get a "fire button" and then everyone can enjoy the game on their own terms. The ones who like everything as slow as possible can fire those that they think are "cheating" or randomly clicking all over the farm, and someone with a huge farm of nothing but crops can hire as many farmers as they think they need to get their farm done in X amount of time.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:57 AM

Unhappy Plow/Harv. Update not for me !!!!!

PLEASE ! PLEASE !

Revert this update ! I have been a loyal FV player 4-ever, but recently came over to FTs side.... now I'm thinking is was wrong to do that !! I love FT and personally think its an updated version of FV but I cant STAND this new update ! I harvested someones farm today and actually got maybe 50 0f 400 crops cause of the new updates ! It takes 4 EVER to harvest even the smallest of farms !!! Plus i think its okay to limit the amount of people you can hire, but PLEASE dont limit it to JUST ONE worker !! Two or three should do no matter what size farm you have !

I have often come to this forum to get updates and help, but have never felt compelled to post myself until today! Please hear us out! EVERYONE I have spoken to says that they can't stand this new version of harv/plowing! I hope it doesn't happen, but I fear you will begin seeing deserted farms and a dead marketplace if you dont listen to your users! I myself will be going back to FV & letting them know why I'm sorry I ever strayed !
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:57 AM

Default Don't limit to just 1 person to Harvest and 1 to Plow

Since you have to be at a certain level to hire people to plow, can you limit the number of harvesters/plowers that are hired based on the size of the farm? So if someone has the small farm they are limited to one but if you have a 24X24 farm you can hire 3 or 4. I try to hire as few as possible but there have been times when they were so slow I had no choice but to hire someone else to help out. Limiting to one harvest and one plow on a large farm is going to once again slow things down.

PS. Thank god you're going back to the old way.
Closed Thread