Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 09:11 AM
Account Not Linked

Smile Harvesting & Powing

I only hire 1 to 2 people on my farm at a time .. I like the faster harvesting & Plowing better ... this mess that U have done is BADDDDDDDD .. go back to the faster harvesting ... someone is always gonna complain .. no matter whatcha do ... just keep making it bigger & better .. we need to expand more & to Level up more ... 60 isn't enough ....
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:13 AM

Wink new release

I think it is a great idea to be able to hire one to plow, one to harvest. It slows me down so much to have ten people harvesting or plowing at one time. i have quite a few crops and only hire one or two people to work them, and they are usually finished very quickly.
Nana Cluck
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiylo View Post
Originally Posted by shiylo
Hello developers I am in agreement with the people who hate the changes at level 60+ and millions of dollars it has taken the challenge out of the game made it more for the younger or people who don’t like a challenge seems these changes are to keep people in their place instead of having fun as for myself I have never lost a dollar or an xp the game was a blast now it take forever to do a harvest or plow and everything is on top of everything to me this game is now a dud.. hard to see with the huge tools and words flying all over the avatar right on top of everything not to mention it feels like your under someone’s thumb not this girl I will be finding another game seems the game has had a lot of creativity taken out of it along with the challenge of it humm could be a meany phoo but why you all know why the changes. I know what your saying the changes are for but those of us who play the game hard know better. People make things up so it looks better well it looks worse and the play has gone out of it thanks for what was a grand game it really is to bad it was the best game out their till now…The game has now become so pathetic!

i think you missed the point of this thread. This is the thread giving feedback to the devs on which way would be better for the reversion back to what it was before today's update.

do you want the reversion with or without the alternative they have mentioned. This is a time to give a little feedback on a way to improve the previous way the game was, not the new and unimproved way.

Efwis maybe you should know where you speak from before you speak this was one of the first post before Rual began talking about a roll back so if you read the whole thread you would of know this it was posted not more then 30min after the update so it isn't me out of place it is where the tread was started thank you very much and I except your apogee their is no need for rudeness when you know not where you speak from...Have a grand holiday...Merry Christmas...
I'm not going to apologize for what i said, and yes I did read this post and have been reading the thread as it developed. it was posted AFTER Raul mentioned the roll back. go back to page one, or was it page two, where you posted it in this thread.

therefore, YOUR apology is gladly appreciated and duly noted.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
Raul, for what it's worth, I think it would be a mistake to revert back to the previous method.

I will admit that, at first, I was disconcerted at the loss of the queued fields and the fact that I again had to wait for my avatar to mosey over to where I was working (flashbacks to last summer!). However, if people would just give it a chance and WORK WITH IT for a while, they might find -- as I did -- that the change is not such a big deal as they think. XPs and coins credit right away, moving around isn't as tedious as it used to be pre-queued fields, and it doesn't take all that much more time to harvest/plow. If certain automated considerations don't work with this now, well, they weren't supposed to be used in the first place (if you'll pardon me for mentioning it).

I find it strange that you would consider retracting a change less than 24 hours after its implementation, based solely on demands here, and especially since the other possible fixes you have in mind are less satisfactory and even more likely to receive an outcry. What will you do then? Dial everything back and forth as people demand it?

With every major change to how the game is played, you've had posts in the forum that demand it be changed BACK or they'll leave the game and take all their neighbors with them. They're not indispensable, new players come on all the time. You have far more players who are willing to adjust and give this a try (ever hang out in the MPs? Last night and this morning, nobody was having a cow over this, just jumping in and working).

Please at least give this particular change a bit of time for people to stop b_itching about it, work with it for a while and THEN provide something more constructive in the way of feedback before you make a knee-jerk retraction, Raul. It sets a bad precedent.

Well written, and I agree.

I will add though that the fact still remains that people are complaining of losing coins and xp. A fix was released, and then removed due to complaints on the forum. The forum doesnt even represent 5% (active users) of the total amount of people that play this game. Yet for some reason, the fix was short lived, basically due to apprehensiveness to the reaction of a small percent of people that post in this forum.

I wonder what would have happened if Thomas Edison would have quit when people said he was crazy?

Bottom line here is that Slashkey has alot of time and money invested in this game. Its thier game to design how they see fit. Sometimes, unpopular decisions must be made in order to better the game in the long run. This is one of those times.

Raul, Bert, and the rest of the team and moderators, Look forward past the clouds to see the horizon. Dont let a few blur your vision.

Riverview plantation
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iots028 View Post
The only way the new way is just as fast is if you are very slow. Physically impossible.
Nah, you're wrong, I was always complimented on how fast I was at harvesting and plowing using the old queing method and have been complimented a few times today at how quick I've mastered the new method. It just takes skill and co-ordination.

Have ya noticed how many more people have posted in this latest thread that the new method is actually good???

They're the ones who've given it a chance and actually get it.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:20 AM

I would like it if the developers would just forget about trying to update the harvesting and plowing. It worked fantastically how it was and didn't need any alterations. I don't think that only allowing one person to harvest and one person to plow is a good idea either. My vote is that you put it back to the way it was. If you should decide to implement a "one harvest, one plow" thing, you need to add an option to fire someone if they work too slow. I don't think that i should have to sit around and wait for the slowest harvester on farmtown to take four hours to harvest my farm, and that could easily happen. Would you apply a time constraint for how long one single harvester could be allowed to harvest a farm with 1024 plots? I am just worried that my farm would be hijacked by a person i hired and they sat around and did nothing, thus making it necessary for me to harvest my own crops so they don't spoil before they get done.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

The new format is awful..It takes forever to plow.. Thank you for returning to the old version. I would have left the game for good. The operative word being game. It's supposed to be enjoyable and not a great frustration.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hoss View Post
Nah, you're wrong, I was always complimented on how fast I was at harvesting and plowing using the old queing method and have been complimented a few times today at how quick I've mastered the new method. It just takes skill and co-ordination.

Have ya noticed how many more people have posted in this latest thread that the new method is actually good???

They're the ones who've given it a chance and actually get it.
Then please explain how it is faster. I always plow in a line in order. Since the clicks are queued, I can go as fast as possible. If there is a better way to use the new method maybe you could share it.
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Suggestions

The new changes seem to work fine if there is only 1 harvester OR plower, but the second person hired seems to run much slower, whether they are hired to plow (behind a harvester) or as a second harvester/plower. I have no problems hiring only 1 person, but found it frustrating when I was hired as a 2nd (or 3rd) harvester/plower, only to have the first peron there "run circles" around me. (My machine has adequate memory and I'm at level 49, so not an experience/computer issue). My avatar only "teleported" when I was the first person hired... otherwise she plodded along quite slowly, regardless of direction of harvest (right -> left, top -> bottom, willy nilly :-))
I would suggest that you need to equalize the speed for all hired, rather than (what appears to be) a "First hired gets priority" system. Incidentally, I never lost coins/XP... they always registered correctly after a jump back to the market. I saved frequently while harvesting/plowing, tho, which may have helped.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:23 AM

Thank you for reverting back to the old version! I spent an hour getting my two fields harvested yesterday and was starting to wonder if it was worth it. I don't hire three people -- just one usually -- so that slow version is REALLY slow.

I don't know about restricting to one, but how about 3 people harvesting or plowing? Nobody should need more than that and I've been on farms with 10 people hired.

Thanks again Bert for listening!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1350645893
Closed Thread