Old Aug 25 2014, 11:33 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
You're right about them being too expensive. I only have 1 farm that is 34x34. I would love to give my houses & business more land so I can decorate & plant more on each one, but because of the prices of realty, I can't afford them, it's very disturbing that I can't keep up with the Jones' ...
After reading your 2 posts, I have to say, you are putting this stress on yourself, no one is forcing you to play the way you do. Why would you want to keep up with the Joneses or anyone else?? Everyone plays at their own speed and ability level, the game is infinitely variable. If you are not having fun, maybe you need to take a break for a while. The stress you are radiating would make me stop playing, if it were happening to me. Calm down and go at your own speed.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 25 2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
After reading your 2 posts, I have to say, you are putting this stress on yourself, no one is forcing you to play the way you do. Why would you want to keep up with the Joneses or anyone else?? Everyone plays at their own speed and ability level, the game is infinitely variable. If you are not having fun, maybe you need to take a break for a while. The stress you are radiating would make me stop playing, if it were happening to me. Calm down and go at your own speed.

I wish I could "LIKE" your post. That is exactly how I feel about the game. Look at my sig line!!

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Aug 26 2014, 03:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
I have hired farmers in the past who say they wish they had as much as I do and wish they had my skill. My farms are nothing compared to others I have seen. People need to remember this is a game. It is meant to relax you and there is no need to compete against anyone. We each have our little speck of Farm Town land to do our own thing with. Just take your time, think of what your vision is for your farms and move slow and steady toward that. In the end, it will come and you won't have to stress over it.

"When we hold onto anger because of what someone has done to us, we give them power over our life."
Old Aug 26 2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBowles View Post
I have hired farmers in the past who say they wish they had as much as I do and wish they had my skill. My farms are nothing compared to others I have seen. People need to remember this is a game. It is meant to relax you and there is no need to compete against anyone. We each have our little speck of Farm Town land to do our own thing with. Just take your time, think of what your vision is for your farms and move slow and steady toward that. In the end, it will come and you won't have to stress over it.
In agreement here. In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....

Instead, I like the elbow room to see things, and move things around. However, I have a LOT of work to do on many farms with regards to adjusting to the expanded sizes. I am in no hurry.... one farm at a time here and there and I am content because no one is timing me, grading me, or competing with me. Eventually I many just have 4 farms (17, 20, 21 and 24) at each with just edge to edge crop. That would give me about 250,000 of whatever at each planting - plenty of crop to fill facilities. I dedicated one farm to a Quest layout too - usually let the Quests get partially finished, then complete 3 or 4 in one day. Easier to get the "huge" $2 payout, then take a break for a few days.

Anything to AVOID any stress..... sheesh, it's a game !

by the way JB I like your farms.

Old Aug 27 2014, 06:07 AM

looks like about time for a "Mid-release Release".......

Old Aug 27 2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Stoneface, couldn't agree more about it only being a game for relaxing. I don't do quests, don't have trains, don't work other's facilties. I just plod along, buying decorations, crops, trees etc. I have most facilities apart from those that cost a fortune on farm cash, just rely on coins generated. I don't even layer my farms either.
Old Aug 27 2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
....In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....
Mr Face, do tell, how do you have 46 farms when we only have like 23 or is it 22? I forget . . . being a Barbie and all, you can understand how I can't remember stuff.
Old Aug 27 2014, 12:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
In agreement here. In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....

Instead, I like the elbow room to see things, and move things around. However, I have a LOT of work to do on many farms with regards to adjusting to the expanded sizes. I am in no hurry.... one farm at a time here and there and I am content because no one is timing me, grading me, or competing with me. Eventually I many just have 4 farms (17, 20, 21 and 24) at each with just edge to edge crop. That would give me about 250,000 of whatever at each planting - plenty of crop to fill facilities. I dedicated one farm to a Quest layout too - usually let the Quests get partially finished, then complete 3 or 4 in one day. Easier to get the "huge" $2 payout, then take a break for a few days.

Anything to AVOID any stress..... sheesh, it's a game !

by the way JB I like your farms.

how did you get 46 farms, i have only 23
Old Aug 27 2014, 02:40 PM
Account Not Linked

he has two FT accounts

23+23=46
Closed Thread