Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 02 2011, 01:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Okay devs you said you disabled all but the black belt, but you didn't you disabled all but the brown belt. I just harvested 2 fields of rice and got the black belt but the only pop up I got was for the brown belt the black belt pop never came up. I have also seen several posts by friends on my wall for the brown belt but none for the black belt.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:25 PM

Default Limits

I do understand the limits you put on things, you can’t make it to easy but this can be tweaked. In my humble opinion putting a 3 hour wait to collect or 12 hours to buy is plain silly, who is gonna set there alarm to get up every 3 hours to click on a post so they can take FULL advantage of the feature. Limits should be set per farm town day, nothing less. You are trying to force people to log on more which will not work.. There are very few people who could actually get the full amount of the set limits
Right now if I log on every 3 hours I could possibly get around 2 million coins worth of products. Why not make people happy by allowing a limit of around 1 point 5 million PER farm town DAY to be collected and when buying products allow 2000 PER farm town DAY. When people are forced to log on every X amount of hours, IT GROWS OLD REAL FAST. 3 hour or 12 hour limits are for that other very greedy farm game.
With the belt system that was introduced my homepage was overwhelmed with posts. I would say in the neighborhood of 500 minimum. When I logged on this morning I could only get product from 2 YES 2 How lame is that. I know the posts will calm down after awhile but more useless posts will only cause people to BLOCK posts from Farmtown. Once they have taken the step to Block posts it usually is not long till they don’t play no more.
I am not threatening to quit, But I am telling you if this trend keeps up I will NO LONGER pay to play.

Last edited by enough facilities; Jun 02 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you! I don't really get what the belts are about but I don't mind them now they aren't pestering me (well,except for the brown one but I can live with that).
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:40 PM

Thanks s much for all the nice things!! Great job with the game!! I absolutely love it!!!

One question about the Service Facilities: When I want my friends to come to my farms to do my service facilities, do I need to post each facility separately? Or do I just post one services facility and my friends would be able to go from farms to farms to work them? I have the service facilities spread out in 3 different farms so I'm wondering if I need to post each facility on its own and my friends have to click on each one of them in order to do the work.

Sandie Angel
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Okay devs you said you disabled all but the black belt, but you didn't you disabled all but the brown belt. I just harvested 2 fields of rice and got the black belt but the only pop up I got was for the brown belt the black belt pop never came up. I have also seen several posts by friends on my wall for the brown belt but none for the black belt.

..............and guess who ignored the brown belt post thinking i'll get a black belt next time!!! perhaps next time i'll check but you would think they'd get it right
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Yep, same here. I think the devs will probably look back on all of this as their darkest hour.

But yes, 'course I still love the game! And I actually like the belts - just higher limits on 'em, please. Then you can keep the popups for all the levels and they won't be so dang annoying.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:51 PM

OK, I have spent several minutes reading thru all of the previous posts on this hideous update. I did not post earlier, and I am so pleased that the devs responded SO VERY QUICKLY to the requests THANK YOU!!
That being said, I started 2 years ago playing both Farm Town and the other farmgameville. The reason I no longer play the other was the CONSTANT requests for help, pop-ups, requested postings, etc. to MY Face Book page. I do NOT care to share with all of my non-farming friends any posts concerning a game that I play. I DO customize the request to work in facilities and service facilities to my farming neighbors.
One of the most positive aspects of Farm Town is that I can interact as much or as little as I want with neighbors or in the market place. If I choose to farm alone, I really don't notice much difference.
Since only people who PLAY Farm Town and have farms can work in my facilities or harvest/plow/etc., from the market......
WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO BE POSTED ON FACE BOOK AT ALL?? WHY CAN'T THERE JUST BE INTERACTION WITH POSTINGS ON NEIGHBORS' FARMS OR THRU THE GIFT REQUESTS POSTINGS??? I really don't think flooding Face Book with all of these requests is going to encourage a single person to START playing Farm Town. Instead, I imagine most of my friends will do as they have done for all of the Zynga games and completely block them.

Once again, the devs are giving us frequent updates and responded very quickly to this fiasco of the belts. I thank you once again for that.
Old Jun 02 2011, 01:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie Angel View Post
Thanks s much for all the nice things!! Great job with the game!! I absolutely love it!!!

One question about the Service Facilities: When I want my friends to come to my farms to do my service facilities, do I need to post each facility separately? Or do I just post one services facility and my friends would be able to go from farms to farms to work them? I have the service facilities spread out in 3 different farms so I'm wondering if I need to post each facility on its own and my friends have to click on each one of them in order to do the work.

Sandie Angel
Just post for one, they can go farm to farm. You do have to post separately for service facilities and normal ones but just 1 of each.
Old Jun 02 2011, 02:01 PM

I don't under stand where you get the $250,000 limit at? I get harvest bonus not $$$, Can some one explain.
Old Jun 02 2011, 02:04 PM

Last night when they launched the belts.......within just a few minutes....I removed 172 post to my wall from neighbors posting every belt that they rec'd. I was not a happy camper. Hopefully a lot of thought is "now" being put into the "Belt" program. For many of us that are at the top level....they are SO WITHIN reach...there is nothing to challenge us. Hopefully that will change I love Farmtown ...... Happy Farming Everyone.