Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 28 2012, 01:53 PM

Weeee!!!! Thanks a lot
Old Oct 28 2012, 03:37 PM

Default New release

Love the new releases. I have one little problem that I'm not sure how to correct. I posted my facilities on Friday and people are still working them on Sunday. How can I stop this as this is depleting my storage.
Old Oct 28 2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonmtm View Post
Love the new releases. I have one little problem that I'm not sure how to correct. I posted my facilities on Friday and people are still working them on Sunday. How can I stop this as this is depleting my storage.

Hi, the best way is to remove the posts from your timeline when you don't want them worked on anymore

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Oct 28 2012, 04:40 PM

Many great things in this new update, and the dimming option is my favourite. It makes working some farms an absolute breeze now!! And it also makes working some of my own a wonderfully easy task, no more having to hide trees to find flowers, or hiding flowers to find water, etc. Fantastic idea, this!!!!!!
Also, Thank You for bringing back the ability to buy multiple items without the first having to be fully loaded onto the farm. I had missed that since it was gone, and am thrilled that less time is now spent waiting for one tree, flower, etc to fully load before I can buy another.
Loving that our farms can go to 32x32 now, too!! (At least the first 5 so far). Makes me very happy, as it gives me another excuse to redecorate. Thank you for these expansions.

The 64x tools are going to be my one source of negative feedback. All these seeders, harvesters, planters and plows that we have had to buy with each size upgrade simply take up room in our storage, and we have been paying pretty heftily to stock our storage with tools we will never use, once we buy the ultimate combine. Is it possible, for future size upgrades, to give us a bit of a financial break on these tools?? 180 Farmcash is quite a lot, when really we all most likely only want the combine. And considering there are facilities in this update which cost Farmcash, and land expansions, unless farmers have billions and billions of coins (which I surely don't) which cost farmcash, this update can easily cost 250 farmcash.

I have no problem paying for the facilities and services, and never have. I also have managed to build up to owning the combines of past sizes, albeit not easily, and not in one fell swoop. It just would be great to get a bit of a break for buying them all.

When players expressed problems with funeral homes and items for them, our developers did a very sensitive and compassionate thing, and enabled these items to be disabled.

Would there be some of that compassion left over to listen to those of us who struggle financially, but love the game and remain loyal to it?

All in all I am very happy with this update, and have had no technical problems because of it. Kudos to the developers once again!!
Old Oct 28 2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Maggie if you are meaning the sickle that tool can actually be used for crops, harvestable trees and flowers so none of those would dim out.
No its not just the sickle its the harvesters as well - all of them.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 28 2012, 07:03 PM

So, having spent 180 cash on a tool that allows me to harvest and plow a neighbor's farm in about a minute only to having to wait about 5 minutes to get to the next farm???
Old Oct 28 2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sod farmer View Post
Are you asking to be able to see how close to ready the ponds are when they are dimmed out? The functionality is still there (for me) when they are NOT dimmed out.
Actually I wasn't asking for any specific solution. If you want a specific solution, I imagine the simplest fix would be to move the "Rest x% Grown" display from when you select a water with the boat or rod, over to when you select a water without any tool active. However, the devs know their code best so I just stated the problem I'd observed and left the exact solution to them.

I have the turbo boat. If a water is not dimmed, it is 100% and I fish it. After I fish it, the water is empty. When a water is empty, it is dimmed out. My waters are either 100% and ready to fish, or they are dimmed out.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Oct 28 2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old Oct 28 2012, 07:20 PM
Account Not Linked

i had a tonne of work to get through this morning but when a neighbor offered to do it all for me and DESPITE losing 15000 extra boxes of produce by not hiring a random from the market ... the offer was too good to pass up. neighbor saved me 3 hours of begging and scraping at the market. if we had bigger bulldozers we'd have more time to go to the market.
Old Oct 28 2012, 07:54 PM

Question 42x42 planting plots

Just curious why are the new farm expansions referred to as 32x32 when there are actually 42x42 planting plots on each of the farms 1-5? Is the size based on inches instead? I have played Farm Town for 3 and a half years and have wondered about the measurement standards often. It would seem to be less confusing if this were changed.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Oct 28 2012, 08:36 PM

When Farm Town was first released, fields had a green space along two sides. A field was 3x3 plus the green space = 4x4. Thus a 12x12 farm had room for only 12 fields along each edge. Then the devs gave us the "remove space between fields" preference. That allowed an extra 4 fields, or 16 fields along each edge, for a 12x12 farm. Even today, if you clear the "remove space" tickbox you can still only fit 12 fields. Scale up to 32x32 and with spaces removed, you can fit 42 fields along each edge. Actually it's 42.6667 (128/3) but you can't plow 2/3 of a field - all 9 pixels have to fit on the farm.

Few advanced players have spaces between their fields - but the terminology got embedded early on and has never been changed.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Oct 28 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Changed "farms" to "fields" in two, no, three places. Gah.
Closed Thread