Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 25 2011, 07:06 PM

Smith goes to see his supervisor in the front office. "Boss," he says, "we're doing some heavy house-cleaning at home tomorrow, and my wife needs me to help with the attic and the garage, moving and hauling stuff."

"We're short-handed, Smith" the boss replies. "I can't give you the day off."

"Thanks, boss," says Smith "I knew I could count on you!"
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:08 PM

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:10 PM

first time poster here. farmer since june 09. I do remember those long spells with no changes/updates. in fact I closed up my farm for about 4 months. but now, like many of you I am terribly addicted, have multiple personalities so 30 farms...maybe I should go by Sybil....it's been fun watching everyone anxiously waiting. it does seem that when I am just ready to close up shop for a break from FT POOF comes the updates....
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susme48 View Post
I know it is not allowed...I truly do. Okay...rephrase...what if the devs decide to FIX the glitch...at some point...and I know how much work goes into it...that is why I was curious as to whether there would be a warning of some kind. And I only brought it up, because the other post about posting it in the market place aroused my curiosity.
well, ive been thinkin for a long time and ive been saying we have a good thing that most of us know how to do so Why draw attention to it?.i mean the more people talk about it the more chances of it being taken away-and no i dont expect a warning but there could be, either way im fine with it, but im just sayin act dumb when peeps wanna know- myself and im sure numerous players figured out on there own(after trial and error) so why draw attention to it?..its a good thing i think, just dont talk about it..lol..
bugs me tho when peeps have trees on top of houses,fac on top of plants rows on rows,cows on Dogs...trees and houses on top of plants and cars,then roads on plots..its dumb and thats what slows the game down IMO..shoot forgot the point...anyway think this release is gonna be awesome-just like all the others...Raul and team are da best and by far is the only game id spend real $ on....if it goes away it will be because people take advantage i think.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
LOL when I accidentally double click the X I usually just close the next facility without getting to work. I figure that is my own fault, not their problem.
Even if you click go offline you can still work the facilities. Going offline does not disconnect you from the servers it just makes you invisible to other players. Also if you x out a facility without clicking work you can always go back and work it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:16 PM

you can also work the facilties AND service at same time, just have to click on each one separate.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
I can see it's time to apply some rational prognosticating to this problem. I dug out my spreadsheet on the release of new farms. As Al said, most come out on Friday. In fact, five of the nine releases were on Friday. #2 and #3 were released on a Saturday [but that's ancient history], one was released on a Monday, and the other on a Thursday. So FRIDAY is the odds-on favorite day!

I also analyzed the elapsed time between Farm releases. The AVERAGE is about 68 days, but the time between release of the latest farms is trending upward, so something in the range of 70-75 days seems more realistic. Then there's the "Hint to Release" factor, which has been running around three weeks -- and we're already pushing FOUR WEEKS!!!

The "Between Releases" factor places the release somewhere between this Friday and next. The "Hint to Release" factor would require a release this Friday -- so

I PREDICT RAUL WILL DELIVER THIS BABY TOMORROW, FRIDAY, AUGUST 26!!

I also predict this baby is going to cost a bundle -- like between 3 and 3.3 billion coins! I sure hope you've been saving up those coins!!!
One factor you left out is that we have not a month without an update. Since this is the last weekend in the month and as you say they generally do come out on a Friday it will surely be tonight or tomorrow. Personally I am hoping for tonight because I will be out of town over the weekend and I am not sure if I will be able to use my phone as a hotspot to get internet access. It works here but not sure of the signal where I am going. Hope it works or I am going to have some crops go to waste while I am gone... Plus I got to get my new field and updates....
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Even if you click go offline you can still work the facilities. Going offline does not disconnect you from the servers it just makes you invisible to other players. Also if you x out a facility without clicking work you can always go back and work it.
True if you know which one clicked the X on without working it.
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:36 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla View Post
well, ive been thinkin for a long time and ive been saying we have a good thing that most of us know how to do so Why draw attention to it?.i mean the more people talk about it the more chances of it being taken away-and no i dont expect a warning but there could be, either way im fine with it, but im just sayin act dumb when peeps wanna know- myself and im sure numerous players figured out on there own(after trial and error) so why draw attention to it?..its a good thing i think, just dont talk about it..lol..
bugs me tho when peeps have trees on top of houses,fac on top of plants rows on rows,cows on Dogs...trees and houses on top of plants and cars,then roads on plots..its dumb and thats what slows the game down IMO..shoot forgot the point...anyway think this release is gonna be awesome-just like all the others...Raul and team are da best and by far is the only game id spend real $ on....if it goes away it will be because people take advantage i think.

I think that there are far more players who know and use the "glitches" and also support slashkey with $FT purchases.... than long time players who don't use the glitches (and probably use coin).

Slashkey won't slash the hand that feeds them. Minor stuff like filling sheds and coops with 2-300 or more cows and hens etc are few and far between..... but staggered crops are the answer to many, MANY, farmers "problems".

Old Aug 25 2011, 08:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla View Post
LOL I guess it doesnt matter if people talk about it or not, coz the devs know everything thats going on. Id be surprised if they bothered to go to all the effort of trying to find a way around it and prevent it happening. Personally I think its a great way of being able to keep up with the products that are needed for the facility. If we had to go back to the single plow scenerio, you just wouldnt keep up with demand... I certainly couldnt! If they changed it, I wouldnt play anymore, couldnt go backwards, and that would be shame with all the money i put into this game! I guess we will see what the Devs do in the future about it! Cant wait for the new release too!
Closed Thread