Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 24 2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
But mandie is right to have to wait 5 days just to make an extra 67 coins per plot is a waste of time. if you plant peppers twice over 4 days you make a lot more coin for a day less I think it is a waste of time too.

Peppers 378 per plot over 2 days so 4 days is 756 and a day less instead of 178 over 5 days.
i agree price wise peppers are better. the new items get people to play more since it gives them more to do with shorter crops and you get the exp points.. for me i have one area just for my regular crop i like to plant allot of and a small area for my sugarcane
Old Mar 24 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
But mandie is right to have to wait 5 days just to make an extra 67 coins per plot is a waste of time. if you plant peppers twice over 4 days you make a lot more coin for a day less I think it is a waste of time too.

Peppers 378 per plot over 2 days so 4 days is 756 and a day less instead of 178 over 5 days.

Riiight...but you are not compelled to use only your plots or your refinery. Plant Cane or something one day, then let the refinery cook it down WHILE you plant peppers or something the rest of the time.

Its called "residual income" in the real world- income that is generated without your presence or activity. Yes it's slow, but it is over and above what you would get anyway, and it isnt costing you effort.

Furthermore if you noticed, they are working on a way to speed the process up with the interactivity of your neighbors. Be patient :-)
Old Mar 24 2010, 09:30 AM

Default cheese, butter?

I have attempted to make this numerous times with NO RESULT!
There is no 'WHATS COOKIN' on my factory menu, I have never seen any butter or cheese either in my storage.
What am I doing wrong?
HELP PLEASE???
Old Mar 24 2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:

But you aren't waiting.

Once the sugarcane is in the refinery then you can plant all the peppers you want.

Now, if you want to argue that the plots that are taken up by the facilities would be more profitable doing something else, ok, you may be right. Or, if you really need the coins right now and can't wait...I understand. But, the refinery doesn't impede your ability to continue to plant whatever you want. It really is extra coins and something else to do in the game. By my calculations, my stone windmill, dairy facility and sugar refinery will produce about 59,000 extra coins per day. I could do better if I had more cows and I'm planting wheat which is not something I would normally do.

I could certainly argue that I would make more coins and points without the facilities but they certainly aren't a disaster either.

Besides, Tony told me I need to slow down a bit.
Old Mar 24 2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
By my calculations, my stone windmill, dairy facility and sugar refinery will produce about 59,000 extra coins per day.
hang on....how do you have three concurrently functioning facilities? I thought the announcement said one per farm. I assume you have two farms, but that still leaves you one short. Are you counting extra accounts and separate farms or something?

[quote = first post]
You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.[/quote]

I interpreted this to mean you can only have one facility per farm....should it rather mean you may have only one of EACH type of facility per farm?
Old Mar 24 2010, 09:50 AM

Default Good idea...bad execution

Regarding the refineries...I put two full fields of sugarcane into my refinery. It's already been 1 1/3 days and it still has 1890 units to process. At 10 units per every 2 hours that's 378 hours over over FIFTEEN FRICKING DAYS to process the two fields.

What kinds of unmitigated stupidity is that? Cmon Slashkey. For crying out loud get a team of users together you can run changes by. User Acceptance testing is a huge part of any release.
Old Mar 24 2010, 10:01 AM

yes, it helps...thank you.

[quote=janisko;3314538]You don't put the animals INSIDE the buildings. Anywhere on your farm is good.
Old Mar 24 2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
I am also a level 80+. I think you're using the batch and unit numbers incorrectly. Each milk harvested will produce one batch of whatever you're producing. So, if you have 4 cows your 4 harvested milks are enough for 4 batches of butter or 2 batches of butter and 2 batches of cheese, etc.

The way I figure it I don't agree.. You can harvest your milk 3 times per day but let's assume for this discussion that you do it just once per day. You would make 35 coins on each goat milk and 30 coins on each cow milk if you sell them with no production.

If you produce butter with the cow milk you can produce 1 batch/20 units per milk harvested and collect $140 in coin for each batch. The dairy facility will allow you to produce the butter every 30 minutes or 48 batches per day. Those 48 batches of butter will pay you $6720. You also receive 1 XP when you start production and another when you move to storage (I believe that's correct). If sold as milk the 48 would pay you only $1440 in coin. You come out $5280 ahead by processing butter. You could do this with only 16 cows if you harvested them three times per day or 24 cows if harvested twice daily. Twelve cows on each of two farms isn't too many.

If you have only one cow and harvest it only once per day you will have enough milk for 1 batch/20 units of butter. That butter will pay you $140 in coins and 2 xp's where the direct sell of the milk is only 30 coins. Where do you say you come out behind?

You can process 8 batches of goat milk per day and 4 batches of cow cheese per day. Butter and goat cheese are the way to go but a little cow cheese is good if you start getting too far behind on production of butter.

The goat milk processed as cheese is an even better deal. With 8 batches processed per day here's how I figure it... 8 batches times $960 per batch nets you $7680 per day in coin. If you sold the milk directly you'd receive only $35 per milk for a total of $280. You come out $7400 ahead per day. It would take only 4 goats, harvested twice daily to have enough milk for maximum production.

My numbers will become invalid and the take will increase when they allow for the faster production soon.

You comments? OR comments from others?
Thanks for the math on this. Will come in handy when I update the data sheet. Also, I don't believe you get 1 experience point for moving the finished product to the store. At least I don't. Maybe the moderators can clarify that one for us.

The Official Farm Town Data Sheet for the Farm Town Game - Production Information can be found here

If you find a mistake or want to make a comment about my data sheets, could you please send me a private message on here. They seem to be deleted before I can get in to read them or reply. The only way I know about them, is they are emailed to me.
Old Mar 24 2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
hang on....how do you have three concurrently functioning facilities? I thought the announcement said one per farm. I assume you have two farms, but that still leaves you one short. Are you counting extra accounts and separate farms or something?

[quote = first post]
You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.
I interpreted this to mean you can only have one facility per farm....should it rather mean you may have only one of EACH type of facility per farm?[/quote]

You can have one of each type of facility.
Old Mar 24 2010, 10:18 AM

Where do you get the cows to make the cheese? I don't understand how to get the sugar mill and the dairy to start producing. Thanks for the new stuff though. I love farm ville
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities